Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ABS ring and space configuration front Hub

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Hi anyone got a photo of the inner side of the HUB of a 90-series - after outer CV joint removed from it
i cannot remember which way round the ABS ring spacer goes...

Thought I have a pic, but I dont. Are you talking about the ABS ring or the spacer?

The ABS ring goies in with the flat side down(towards the bearing, or outside of the car), and the spacer has the slightly curved side to the top (towards the engine side).

HTH

thanks Tony

it was that spacer! (i figured out ABS ring) it seems to fit easier with curved side in towards bearing and against the ABS ring

but I was pretty sure it went the way you say (due to oneside being rustier), with curved part of spacer away from bearing - towards engine
it just needs a bit more pressing to make it fit :D
so thanks for confirming for me :thumbup:

took the hub and steering knuckled and new bearing down to local garage, and it took 12 tons on the 30ton press to get the old bearing out. they pressed new bearing and hub in for me. but i hadnt got them to fit the abs ring and spacer, so i will do that

Cool, yup took a fair amount of pressure to get the knackered bearing out (I think I got to about 8T on my press before it budged). Did not btoher with the NS as it looked and felt fine, although I do have a replacement bearing and seals for when it does go.

I also replaced the dust shield with a new one from Toyota, but was eye watering expensive (£80) but the OS one was so rusted it was about to fall off. That little mistake at Lincomb cost me a small fortune :(

Back