Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice for potential LC5 acquisition

There are few things I like about 100 series as compared to 200. The rear seats look better cushioned, the original key instead of key less start, separate gear lever for low range.
With seats all manufacturers are doing the same I guess to reduce weight. My 2008 RX400 rear seats feel more comfortable than 2014 LC

Yes, ideally LHD. But thanks for sharing @Raj Looks great, but a lot of money!

For that money I'd want a mint later 5 spd auto one with the latest bits on it.

Hi all. Search went a bit cool then was reinvigorated by a work trip to Kenya where everybody was driving LCs of various vintages! Barely a LR to be seen! Just wondered if ther group had any thoughts on this 120 that has just been listed. A few corrosion issues listed on the MOT a few years’ ago, but they don’t seem to have reappeared. Thanks a lot

LEFT HAND DRIVE 2004 [04] TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LC5 3.0 D-4D AUTO GREY LHD 7 SEATE | in Amersham, Buckinghamshire | Gumtree - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The MOT history mentioned a corroded centre box so perhaps they just fancied two tailpipes when they replaced it. Could it be an issue?

No I dont think its an issue, just not sure what the point was on that engine!

one other thing I wanted to ask, this is a manual whereas most others I’ve seen have been auto boxes. Are there any differences in terms of reliability and is the clutch manageable for somebody who is quite light built - ie my wife? Cheers

Did we see any underside pics of this one, I don't remember. If not it might be worth requesting some and posting them up to get a collective view.

As you know the main problem with these is rust - they usually look great on top

Back