Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice potentional buy:

memo

I'm keen to buy a Troopy and have found one that looks pretty cheap for the km but the owner says it's not running.

It's a 1993 with a high top conversion and 300,000km and she wants $AU9500 for it.

"The head gasket got changed.. so there is air in the system and the timing of the injector pump needs to get adjusted then as well.. I would have done it but I ain’t got the tool"

How serious a problem is this?

I'm concerned about buying a truck that's not running because of the risk that there could well be other issues that won't reveal themselves until I can actually get the engine going.

Not sure here what you are talking about. 1. The changing of a headgasket has nothing to do with your fuel injection pump. 2. When you say there is air in the system are you talking about the injection pump being bled to remove the air? 3. Once you refill your radiator with coolant that will bleed any air from your Head/radiator.
Sounds to me like someone is trying to baffle you with bullshit! In that case be very wary of the purchase

Head gasket change on a diesel if not done right will lead to the injector pump being out of time as the gears might not have been re-set right.

Air? Could be in the cooling system or in the fuel system, and both hard to bleed if everything isn't set right to allow the engine to start.

He took the head gasket of while trying to work out why it broke down , and now he is selling it as a bargain non runner "easy fix" nah see ya not for me thank you very much .

Thanks for the advice.

I decided to pass.

Have put a deposit on a 1998 hzj75 with 320kms.

The body’s in good condition and the motor seems solid.

The biggest problem seems to be the swivel hubs need to be redone.

There’s also oil seepage from the inlet manifold, rear main seal, gearbox and tc but I got a mechanic to look at it and he reckoned they weren’t an issue.

Back