Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advise needed on tent

LC80tim

Country Flag
england
Hi, just need to ask some advise on proposed purchase of tent, looking for a big'ish tent for when I'm stopping in one place for a couple of nights or more, been looking at the ' bell tents' as like the look of them and being canvas rather than nylon, i have a wood burner that could also be used in it ( if i put chimney vent in ) there is only the two of us going to be using it but rather fancy the 5m one as plenty of room inside.
I know drying them is a down side, but are they as easy to put up as they seem ?
What's everyone's opinion on these tents ?
Cheers Tim

I have a 4meter bell tent with the floor sewn in. this is a great tent and plenty of room in it.

At the time you could only get this or the floor that was pegged down. now if I was to replace it I would look to get the one that the floor is zipped into the sides as this would help with drying.

You need a very big space to dry them out to be fair.

The 4m is plenty big enough for 2 people we slept you guys in it one night.

Yes looking at the zig ( zipped in groundsheet ) one with mozzie mesh on vents and door, easy to put up ?

They are one of the easiest tents to put up.

We used ours alot and had it up in around 5-7 mins and pack down in 10.

They are very heavy but are a great tent.

They are one of the easiest tents to put up.

We used ours alot and had it up in around 5-7 mins and pack down in 10.

They are very heavy but are a great tent.

Cool, thanks that's made my mind up I'm going for it :)

Well purchased a new 5m bell tent today, was on eblag with free postage but relatively local to me so went and picked it up, so haggled that he had no postage and got it for a steal ( well going by what I've seen ) £400 cash.
Will be giving it the first outing at lincomb :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well purchased a new 5m bell tent today, was on eblag with free postage but relatively local to me so went and picked it up, so haggled that he had no postage and got it for a steal ( well going by what I've seen ) £400 cash.
Will be giving it the first outing at lincomb :)
I got a 5m bell with sewn in groundsheet last year and it is great for family camping. Would have preferred the ZIG for drying but it wasn't available. Goes up in less than 15 mins including pegging out.

Back