Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC replacement 100 series

Neil Hicking

We have just replaced the AHC on my 100 series 2006 vintage with Milner 4x4 kit. And all fine after 2 day's work, including front top and bottom wishbones. Milners replacements come will all new bushes and bolts and top and bottom ball joints, hence going to the trouble of complete replacement, rather than just bushes. I still haven't managed to switch off the dash lights. Milners gave me a pdf of instructions, which said the AHC ECU (suspension module) was behind the passenger footwell kick strip. It isn't on mine, which is a standard UK model, not import. Haynes manual says AHC ECU is behind the drivers dash, between the steering column and centre console. Haven't explored yet, but there is a very good youtube video showing how to get to it on a Lexus 470, which I understand is exactly (!) the same as a 100 series. Link at
. Electrics is at end of video after shocks and torsion bar replacement.

Any thoughts??????

Ride is great after shocks and torsion bar replacement, by the way! Thanks to Milners.

Stop press,
I followed the youtube instructions referred to in my previous post and the AHC ECU (suspension module) was exactly as shown in it, despite it being a LX470 and also US based video. However the part number Milners quoted was correct and indeed the ECU did say AHC on it. Disconnected all 3 wiring blocks to the ACU (Milners instructions said leave the centre on in!) All works well and there are no height control lights or flashing OFF light. Job done.
Control unit numbers should be one of these.....
89290-60010 / 89290-60020 / 89290-60021 / 89290-60011 / 89290-60030 / 89290-60031 89290-60040 / 89290-60041. Mine was 89290-60031.
Hope that helps anyone who is thinking of converting AHC to springs and shocks.

Reactions: uHu
Sorry forgot to say, there was no metal plate behind the dash trim as shown in the US video. Don't know whether there should be one on 100 series as opposed to LX470 or it had been left off at some stage in the past. My LC has just topped 300K miles and the dash and ventilation pipes have obviously been off before!

Hi Neil, if you have disconnected the dash AHC lights you could also take out the now defunct controls and add part number 58839 60040 IMG_0394.jpeg

Hi Neil
Just replaced mine with a kit, not driven it yet only finished it today just the AHC ECU to sort, is your vehicle a right hand drive, was wondering if the ecu was on the left or the right of the vehicle?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Neil
Just replaced mine with a kit, not driven it yet only finished it today just the AHC ECU to sort, is your vehicle a right hand drive, was wondering if the ecu was on the left or the right of the vehicle?
Hi, as I described before (see previous threads) it's behind the dash between the steering column and the centre console. See the the video linked in the same thread. You will not need any other information to do the job, it is all there in the video, check it out. It's righthand drive and UK spec car 2006 vintage.
Neil

Back