Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air Con Pump

madmanmart

I got the aircon working on my 80 two weeks ago by changing the condenser and re gassing it.

I've been using it today as it's pretty warm outside and after doing a check under the bonnet, the pump appears to of shat itself. Green oil all over it from the seals.

Anyone know where to pick up a decent replacement or is it s Toyota only job?

Cheers

Mines just done exactly the same. I have a spare. Yay. Oh no, clutch is seized. Damn.

That price doesn't seem too bad for a genuine item. How much was shipping?

Lots of info here Mart. Towards the end I've noted about my own 'Frankenstein' version that's working fine based on a similar compressor from eBay at £200 plus brackets and belt. $299 is a good price including clutch though. Shipping and import into the UK would probably be a few quid.

That price doesn't seem too bad for a genuine item. How much was shipping?

Ok, I notice that they still say "Price shown is for a New Genuine Toyota part."

I queried that and the fact that a manifold is not shown on the picture and they said...

"Yes reuse your own manifold and this is REBUILT...new is not available..."

The compressor I got has a "Denso" sticker on it, so presumably rebuilt by Denso. Seems to be excellent quality.

They said they'd change the wording on the website within a few days. That was January 2015!!

Shipping was reasonable imo at $68.00. Add on your country's vat and duty.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
New (similar item) is available, you just need a couple of simple ally brackets, some bolts, a belt the next size up and swap the adapter plate and pulley/clutch. If you're happy doing that you can get the lot a bit cheaper AND get a brand new compressor. On the other hand, If it's rebuilt by Denso, then it should be as new.

Back