Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi everyone I've been given my moniker by my mates children because i love dogs-great !

Dogodfrey

Country Flag
england
My present 2005 100 series is my fourth Amazon, purchased it a year ago thinking i knew most of the problems they come with ? Well wrong as usual, the air con wasn't working but seller said it just needed re-gassing , yeah ! All the pipes were rotten front to rear and needed new condenser too, at Toyotas prices ?!! Ouch !! Well it all got sorted and she's running really nice after complete renewal of front brakes and full service . Yesterday as I returned from walking my dog i noticed a small pool of ? well at 79 it's not so easy rolling about on the floor ( problem is getting up !!) , anyway with the help of a torch I found the leak and it's the power steering pipes all very corroded and manky looking - yet another regular problem I hear. I've looked at prices online for genuine Toyota replacement pipes and Rough Trax seem to be offering the cheapest deal at £528 inc vat , just wondering if anyone else can offer help ? I must say that Bob's advice was very welcome and well explained - thanks.

Welcome to the Forum Dogodfrey

Is that £528 for a new power steering pump? or the pipes? Seems a lot for the pipes. You could try Amayama, but bear in mind you will be importing from UAE/ Japan, so there will be import/ customs fees on top of the quoted price.

N

Welcome to the Forum Dogodfrey

Is that £528 for a new power steering pump? or the pipes? Seems a lot for the pipes. You could try Amayama, but bear in mind you will be importing from UAE/ Japan, so there will be import/ customs fees on top of the quoted price.

N
Just the pipes , from Rough Trax - dearer from Toyota ! Will try Amayama thanks

You could try 80 breakers. I got my replacements from there.

Back