Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aircon belt length

wobbly

Garage
I have bought 2 replacement aircon belts so far, one from Milners, one from Autoquip.

Both are 1000mmx13mm and toothed.

Neither fits my 1996 95 Prado.

The belt I removed is 1175mm x 13mm - fits well, I have refitted it temporarily.

Spoke to Milners who tell me their belt is the correct one, but it isnt long enough.

I cant get it on even if I remove the idler pulley, so Im sure they are wrong.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Pete

If it's the same as a 99 Colorado I've had the same problem, I bought one from our motor factors and It was too small even though it's what is listed. I had to get the next size up which fits OK.

I will just buy that size, just one of those things that bug me, Im sat looking at something that doesnt work, but the person on the other end tells me its correct.....however, for the £3 odd, not going to lose any more nights sleep.....

Cheers

Pete

Yes Milner have sent me the wrong one in the past, i got a nice Toyota one from Mr Rubie when he was selling off some parts.

Wobbly, next time go down to your local motor factors or good car accessory shop and buy one buy length rather than make. The only problem is that the sales people tend to get a bit confused now if they can't go by reg no.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There you go - if you follow the link to toyo, it gives the length as 1180.

Can live with a pattern one, just that what Milners send out is 1000mm, even though they insist it is the right one. Filed in the 'cant be bothered to keep telling them' drawer.

Cheers

Pete

Back