Aircon compressor p/n

tony rodaway

I am in uk
Aug 28, 2016
liverpool
Did they do the vacuum automatic or did you have to ask for it and how much did they charge as last time I got a regas it cost me £60.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
To be honest not sure. It took them about 90mins. Stuck it on one of those machines.... Was about £100

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
I am in england
May 26, 2014
near, leek staffs.
It's good practice to replace the dryer as it absorbs moisture out of the system.

A little gently heat works wonders on the bolts being a steel bolt/aluminium housing.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Thanks Chapel, I was running out of time and did not have a heat maker, so stopped before the big hammer came out

br1anuk

Jan 10, 2016
My compressor was seized on my 95. I had it regassed and the mechanic diagnosed a seized compressor. They used a full can off wd40 on it but it wouldn't work. Any way he told me to drive with the ac on as much as possible and keep squirting it with wd40.
Well low and behold 12 months later its now working a treat.
Yes this is a true story.

tony rodaway

I am in uk
Aug 28, 2016
liverpool
My compressor was seized on my 95. I had it regassed and the mechanic diagnosed a seized compressor. They used a full can off wd40 on it but it wouldn't work. Any way he told me to drive with the ac on as much as possible and keep squirting it with wd40.
Well low and behold 12 months later its now working a treat.
Yes this is a true story.
Well that's good to hear and it's hard to believe also. Some compressors with magnetic clutch can slip a ball bearing and needs to be disassembled you fell lucky. Good job. :text-bravo:

Reactions: br1anuk

tony rodaway

I am in uk
Aug 28, 2016
liverpool
I have finally got my old air conditioning compressor off and replaced with my new one.
I think the clutch has packed up but I want to repair it but can't find the clutch kit I need. Any ideas we're to look and my part number is below.

Attachments

br1anuk

Jan 10, 2016
Well that's good to hear and it's hard to believe also. Some compressors with magnetic clutch can slip a ball bearing and needs to be disassembled you fell lucky. Good job. :text-bravo:
Been out in the car today and every time I switch on the AC I get a big smile on my face. Like winning the lottery.

Reactions: TonyP

tony rodaway

I am in uk
Aug 28, 2016
liverpool
did the new compressors contain pag oil?
It was a pattern part I believe and was brand new in the box and yes was oiled up fully.
Works a treat and the moment you put your compressor on it works as it should.
Since I have never had aircon in this car it makes a big difference and the rear aircon in the back is ice cold.
Big savings for a fully working compressor for £200.

Reactions: chapel gate
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks