Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aircon compressor p/n

Did they do the vacuum automatic or did you have to ask for it and how much did they charge as last time I got a regas it cost me £60.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest not sure. It took them about 90mins. Stuck it on one of those machines.... Was about £100

It's good practice to replace the dryer as it absorbs moisture out of the system.

A little gently heat works wonders on the bolts being a steel bolt/aluminium housing.

Thanks Chapel, I was running out of time and did not have a heat maker, so stopped before the big hammer came out

My compressor was seized on my 95. I had it regassed and the mechanic diagnosed a seized compressor. They used a full can off wd40 on it but it wouldn't work. Any way he told me to drive with the ac on as much as possible and keep squirting it with wd40.
Well low and behold 12 months later its now working a treat.
Yes this is a true story.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My compressor was seized on my 95. I had it regassed and the mechanic diagnosed a seized compressor. They used a full can off wd40 on it but it wouldn't work. Any way he told me to drive with the ac on as much as possible and keep squirting it with wd40.
Well low and behold 12 months later its now working a treat.
Yes this is a true story.
Well that's good to hear and it's hard to believe also. Some compressors with magnetic clutch can slip a ball bearing and needs to be disassembled you fell lucky. Good job. :text-bravo:

I have finally got my old air conditioning compressor off and replaced with my new one.
I think the clutch has packed up but I want to repair it but can't find the clutch kit I need. Any ideas we're to look and my part number is below.

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_200941.jpg
    IMG_20200613_200941.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 22
Well that's good to hear and it's hard to believe also. Some compressors with magnetic clutch can slip a ball bearing and needs to be disassembled you fell lucky. Good job. :text-bravo:

Been out in the car today and every time I switch on the AC I get a big smile on my face. Like winning the lottery.

:text-woo:
Been out in the car today and every time I switch on the AC I get a big smile on my face. Like winning the lottery.

Since I got my new compressor fitted and my aircon gased I have ice cold blowers but the down side is its rained every day since.:text-woo:

did the new compressors contain pag oil?

did the new compressors contain pag oil?
It was a pattern part I believe and was brand new in the box and yes was oiled up fully.
Works a treat and the moment you put your compressor on it works as it should.
Since I have never had aircon in this car it makes a big difference and the rear aircon in the back is ice cold.
Big savings for a fully working compressor for £200.

personally, i cant live without aircon..

Back