Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarm/Immobiliser fobs -

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
According to Mr T my 80 has a factory installed TVSS2 alarm/immobiliser. Apparantly 'TVSS' stands for Toyota Vehicle Security System - you learn something new every day.....

Unfortunately I bought it without any remote fobs, but would like some. Mr T doesn't supply them anymore, and they used to charge £150 each anyway :angry-screaming:.

I called a local car alarm company and they told me that unless I had one of the original working fobs, nothing could be done.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Yes, rip it out and have a nice new modern system fitted. I had one done on my driveway. full jobbie for not much money.

I do have one of the original blippers by the way ....

Yes, rip it out and have a nice new modern system fitted. I had one done on my driveway. full jobbie for not much money.

I do have one of the original blippers by the way ....
Hi Chris, The system works fine on the keys, so I don't really want to rip the whole system out if I can avoid doing so - just to get a couple of fobs. If I can find someone to re-programme the fobs are you happy to let them go?

You can have the blipper IF it's the right one. There are several sorts and they have to match the system. My original alarm on the white one had a single button blipper. The off roader never had a blip but the TVSS was under the passenger seat. The grey 80 had the alarm behind the glove box and is a two button blipper. It lights up when I press it so I know it's doing something. We need to know which alarm type you have. TVSS isn't enough. We can work out how to re programme a fob to a different alarm ECU I am sure.

Where is the module and what does it look like? What year is your 80?

Thanks Chris, The unit is under the front pax seat, and the truck is 1993 UK model. I'll try to take a photo or two over the next few days.

Last edited:
Ahh then I think you need the one button model Andrew. Probably got an orange sticker on the box, yes?

Never had a blipper for that. I posted a pic of one for someone else the other day.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is the fella.... TVSS.jpg

Look at Andy's post on the maintenance today thread. He shows all the bits and the blipper. I can't help you on this one. Wrong series for the fob I have.

Karl is going to see if he can find a spare unit + fobs. That should do the trick :thumbup:

Back