Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarm prob

Zeusv8

I've got a weird problem with my alarm that's really annoying! I think it's a factory standard one but not sure, anyway the alarm goes off for no reason after approximately 5-6 hours of being driven. It does not happen during the day (gets open/shut regular)and went off last night at 4:15am which has sealed it's fate of being fixed and sold!
Could low temperatures be responsible or is it a fault with the alarm system? Thanks folks

Had the same problem on my 100 diesel. Assuming contact switches on doors, bonnet and tailgate are okay, suggest you look behind interior trim on nearside of tailgate. There is a very small microphone behind there and if it or anything nearby is loose or can move in the slightest breeze, it will set the alarm going.

might be something else faulty that is setting the alarm off but that will be hard to spot. You could try adjusting the motion sensor in case it's gone a bit sensitive. IIRC it's under the console that's around the gear shift and towards the front, little black box with a knob on to adjust it.

Thanks guys I'll have a look at both possibilities tomorrow.

I had a bizarre thing on the 120 when temp went below zero. The alarm would also go off in the early hours or when driving in the morning, the interior light would come on. Only ever happened when below zero.
The problem was the rear door sensor. I put a felt pad on the door where it strikes the sensor to push it a bit more. Never happened since.
I can only assume it was always on the verge and in the cold, the metal shrank enough to make it think it was open.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
2 things to check:
If yo have the techstream, try switching off the vibration sensor to have one less source of failure.
Check the plug to the tailgate lock which is inside the tailgate, bottom left corner. It is known to be soaked with water and corrode. Has been the cause of several alarm-problems.

Thanks guys. I think it might be the same as Crispin's issue with the cold but what a crappy system if there is so many other faulty bits!! Lol

Back