Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

alternator

J66P

anyone got any ideas on best place to pick up an alternator 1997 R plate 3.4 V6 Colorado VZJ95

I have a nearly new spare one from a 96 plate 1KZ-TE. Don't suppose they are the same?

I'll check the numbers.

Chris

Chris said:
I have a nearly new spare one from a 96 plate 1KZ-TE. Don't suppose they are the same?

I'll check the numbers.

Chris

thanks i will try and get some numbers off mine

I cant get to the bottom of this, I have been quoted £267 for an exchange reconditioned one :o :o :o :o

I have found a local place that will recon it for me for £100 so in it goes

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What's actually wrong with it? There isn't much to them. You can replace brushes, the whole regulator diode thing is available as a drop in with a couple of screws. If the windings have gone, well, that's more major. How much did Milner want? When my the bearings on my 90 alternator went, the bearings cost me about £30 from Ian. Mr T wanted £84!!!

Chris

Milners dont even realise that a 3.4 petrol was fitted, if it doesnt run on heavy oil they dont have anything listed

I was going to do it myself but cant afford to be without it while I get the bits. My wife is geting on for 8 months pregant and I need to have it available just incase it lashes it down with snow again cos my car is useless in it

Who is Ian, I wonder if he would know what I want, I only need bearings as I killed them in the Fords in Essex

Ian is a Parts God on here and gets only genuine T parts at better than favorable prices.

Now, I understand the predicament that you are in, but my bearings went exactly the same way. Wading. They got more and more 'grindy' as time went on. But you know what, when I took them out, they weren't even close to exploding, seizing or anything nasty. My wife's Corolla went the same way and it took me a year to getting round to swapping the bearings. Again, barely a thing wrong with them. You probably won't need both bearings. It's generally the nose, or front bearing that goes. This is the one that takes the load, especially if the belts have been over tightened.

I'd get the part number off Toyo and ask Ian for a price. I tried all of the major bearing suppliers and no one had anything similar. They all said that it was common to have 'specials' in automotive parts like this and you'd never find one other than OEM.

Dead easy job to swap too. OK if someone will do the lot, both bearings inc VAT for £100, it's a close call money wise. I'd still do it myself.

C

Can you post where you are.

I can get alternators and starters etc rebuilt at trade prices if you are local as the engine recon part of the company i work for has a good local guy.

Sorry thought I had put my location in anyhow its Doncaster so not really local to you thats for sure

Just looking at the parts, the bearings are the same in the derv burner as they are in yours. They look very similar all round. Might just be the voltage bit that's different.

Paul, J66 is in Doncaster.

C

I bet they are pretty standard, pity I cant find the numbers so i could go the Dobncaster Bearing to get some. Might take it off tomorrow evening and try and identify them being as you say its easy enough to strip, worse comes I can always put it back together to keep it mobile

Well, I don't have all your details, but I think that you want 90099 - 10199

But my point is that you WON'T in all likelihood get a bearing. I have been there and went to some of the biggest bearing stockholders in the UK. They measured them and looked into it for me and they ALL came back and said Nope. It's a special. Dealer only.

Go onto to TOYO and put your details in and check the part number. My point is that your local place might say that they can do it for you then they'll take it to bits only to ring you saying that they can't get the bearing. Then you are stuffed. Make sure that they CAN get the part first. Try Ian first.

Chris

thanks Chris

who is this Ian guy, sorry for my ignornace on this

Chris just looked and the number I get is 90099?10140

Ian Rubie. Have a look in 'recommend a seller' section of this forum. Also you might want to check out this old thread. There is some of the history in there. Very hard to find this part other than from an official source but things move on and maybe now you can!

Have you not found TOYOdiy yet? They have all the parts and exploded diagrams on there. You might need to be member to get everything. I can't remember.

www.toyodiy.com

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... 778a1e0be6

Chris

thanks alot matey

another research link to play on :roll: keep me busy for a while

I had to guess your vehicle details, so that was a stab in the dark. I shall have a look at that part number myself.

Chris

Hmm, are you sure? I get your part as 90099-10178.

97, auto, petrol, lwb?

Chris

EDIT..

That's the wrong end. You want the frame end bearing. Not the back bearing.

Back