Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

And so the problem saga continues

Zeusv8

My AHC light started flashing OFF as I was driving. I stopped, switched off engine and waited a few mins,started it up and went through the height range and the light stayed out until I was 5 mins on the road and started flashing again! User manual says contact dealer crap! Anyone have experience of this?

There are a number of things that would disable the AHC and trigger error codes.

Do you think that you would be up to pulling some error codes? - you will need to cross over a couple of pins on the OBD port and then count the flashes on the dash.

That's where it gets a bit outta my league I think! From memory the reservoir is ok so I'll check tomorrow for a leak or busted shock. Diagnostics are not my forte so I might have to do the dealer thing!!

Say a bit more about how it behaves. "...went through the height range..." - does that mean that it went up too high?
Most likely you have a height sensor failure.

Please add a signature line to your profile. Year, model and milage are important pieces of info for diagnostics.

Sorry I thought that was profile bit was visible. Ok I have 2002 v8 LPG 160k and numerous problems in 8 months of ownership!! I was driving with the switch set to sport as I was on winding twisty country roads. The suspension felt fine with no noticeable issues. The light flashed, I stopped the car and engine off for 5 mins. Started up again and pressed the height adjust to low,then normal ,high and back to normal with no issues and the light was not flashing during this. I drove on and it started flashing again,so I don't know what's up,the fluid level was ok as far as I remember but I'll check it again. Cheers,James

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK, the best thing to do is to get it hooked up and see if you can get some error codes pulled off.

Where are you based?

Aim to get the error codes pulled off and then report back here - don't at this stage get sucked in to getting the dealers to fix it.

Julian Voelcker said:
OK, the best thing to do is to get it hooked up and see if you can get some error codes pulled off. - don't at this stage get sucked in to getting the dealers to fix it.(Edit: by throwing £1000 parts at it)

Back