Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another aussie newb

Toopy

Country Flag
australia
Hi everyone.......... .......... I'm Doctor Nick,

Not really, anyway newb here from Aus totally new to prado's and I'm looking to jump into my first, a 99 GXL with 200000Km on the clock.
I'm moving up from a Heavily modified Grand Vitara with a (ahem) 3" Front 4" rear lift, which has served me very well in the past but is getting a little small for our off-road camping adventures.
Looking at both vehciles it seems that the SQ625 grand vitara and the 99 prado share many common design elements, can't wait to jump in to the prado and get to work.

At this stage initial mods are to be
2" lift with foam cell shocks (looking at Iron man however its only a 45mm, but it is only 5mm less)
powertrax no-slip to replace the LSD (which is most likley very worn, not a fan of airlockers but it seems that they are the only option for the front end)

So any way Hi, feel free to give me tips
point me toward links to FSM's etc. etc.

Last edited:
Hi Toopy , Welcome to the forum , you wont be disappointed with a Prado , a 2" lift good off road tyres and a snorkel and you will have a very practical and versatile vehicle , good luck with it .. cheers Mick , ps what's your location in Oz

In sunny (well not today) queensland,
yep snorkie is on the cards as well as some custom rear drawers.
Its already got a front bar and roof basket which is great and hope to put a rear bar on at some stage too.
Can't wait till this w/end to see this puppy.

hi Toopy
I'm also in wet queensland (today) I have just recently fitted a ebay snorkle to ours great for the price 65$ almost perfect fit
I'm also looking at new shocks
w.4wddirect.
read some not so confidence inspiring things about foam cell, not recovering at all from fade,,,so going for the above lovells
welcome

Good price for the lift kit on those lovells, @$800 for the heavy duty.

Welcome aboard! Pretty sure you will get good ideas for mods here..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Toopy. Looks like the Aussies have invaded tonight.
This is a great forum with lots of experience from around the globe to tap into.
Looking forward to the pix soon.
Cheers

Back