Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chocksaway

Country Flag
bulgaria
Hey guys, I'm Al.
Long time lurker, new member. Massively appreciate all the knowledge and banter on here. Time I jumped in, I think.
Originally from Liverpool, UK. But now live in the Bulgarian mountains.

Earlier in the year I bought a cheap old 87' LJ73 with a 2LT.
I haven't added any mods to her, but the former owner has done a 10" lift (I believe he said 10) and has put some massive Mud Tyres on it and basic modular rims. (33x12.50R15)
He also mentioned having pushed a few extra HP out of the engine, but it was all a little lost in translation as to how he'd achieved it. So any thoughts I'd love to know.
A 70 series was my teenage crush :blush: likely not make too many mods, just some restoration and maintenance. It was half bought of need of a capable off roader and after a terrible experience with a continuously braking down 2005 Grand Vitara. (I was trying to be as sensible as I could)

I've minimal 4x4/offroad experience, though I'm learning quickly as we bought a house and now live up a very deep rutted, muddy as hell half the year, clay mountain track. It's guaranteed snowy winters, then a lot of rain and non much at all for the remaining months in summer.

Thanks in advance for your patience with my stupid questions. :grin:

Attachments

• 20230624_151057.jpg
    20230624_151057.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6882.jpeg
    IMG_6882.jpeg
    800.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8466.jpeg
    IMG_8466.jpeg
    627.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9866.jpeg
    IMG_9866.jpeg
    755 KB · Views: 19
Welcome ... nice 73 it looks in very good condition bodywise...

Welcome ... nice 73 it looks in very good condition bodywise...
I promise it isn’t as good as it looks.

but as a Brit. I couldn’t believe how long the rust takes to creep here, when compared to cars back home. I do miss the sea though and even the rain, at this time of year it’s dry as a bone here.

Back