Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Crusier owner from down under here.

I have ARB side bars on my 80 and although they're too lightweight to protect against a crash, they do what they're intended to do, protect the wings against slow sideways encounters with trees and bushes, and on one occasion a bloody great rock.

I was was sneaking past it on a side-slope of about 30 degrees, it was wet, muddy and quite slippery. Needless to say, I slid sideways but the wing was saved from any damage from the big rock. They're not the prettiest of attachments, but they're functional. They also serve as a good handrail if you're precariously positioned off-road, trying to get around the outside of the truck in the mud, something to grey hold of, to save that inevitable fall into the mud whilst getting the recovery gear from the rear of the truck to the winch on the front.:thumbup:

Clive sounds like they did what they were supposed to do and protected the vehicle. :icon-cool::icon-cool:

Yep they do have multi purposes thats for sure.:doh::doh:

The main reason i want them is to give added strength to the bulbar for when i hit a Roo or Emu or Goat outback. Not that i am planning to mind you.:shh::shh:

Ok bit of an update for the BJ73.
The headlights and wiring have been upgraded to 90 wat low beam and 100 watt high beam although thing i may go to 130 high beam sooner than later.
:think:

Ended up replacing all the Shock absorbers with OME Nitrocharger sport. In the end TJM could not supply the shocks i wanted so i got my money back and opted for the OME. Much better ride. Found one of the back shocks and one of the front shocks no good but all ok now.
:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:
Also replaced the Gearbox and Transfer case oil with new Castrol VMX-M OIL. 2.5 Litres came out of both and nearly 7 litres went in.

Also adjusted the relay rod end and the relay rod and now the steering wheel is on centre and no Vibrations when cruising along at 100 kph.:icon-biggrin:

Replaced some very sad looking outer weather strips on both doors.

Also fitted a Polarius HUD as the speedo is out a fair bit. When the Polarius says i am doing 100 kph the speedo says i am doing 125 kph. I have checked the drive gear on the speedo cable at the transfer case and it is the standard 16 tooth white gear and i can't find Ratio box behind the instrument cluster where the speedo cable connects to the cluster so can only surmise that there is a different set of gears in the diff,s than standard or that the transfer case is not the original. Either way it is not a big drama at this point in time.:think::think:

Just changed the engine oil and filter and greased all over including the spring shackles and drive shafts and uni,s and tie rod ends.

Amazing how quick 5000 klms comes around.
It,s getting cooler where i live now and it's telling me that the BJ might be up for a new set of glow plugs as well. She starts but idles rough but after 30 seconds or so it evens out and there is a bit of white smoke to be seen around. :doh:

Also had the tyres balanced as well and that made the ride a bit better as well.:icon-cool:

Just ordered new glow plugs and insulators from my local 4x4 mob ALLFOURX4 who are pretty good to deal with.

I will try and fit them over the weekend.:pray:

Last edited:
Ok Guys
I also mentioned when i first joined that i had a 200 GXL Landcruiser as well.Apologies for being slack and not posting some photos and info on it.
:oops::oops:
The photos are from a trip we did in the Flinders ranges just on 18 months ago.

The Cruiser is a 2012 GXL VDJ200R. NO kdss. It had a gvm upgrade done pre-delivery from toyota dealership in Maitland NSW. If you get the Gvm upgrade done after delivery you have to get a Engineers Certificate but if you get it done PRE-Delivery you don't need the Certificate. Toyota and ARB and the Governing Authorites reached and aggreement that allowed for the upgrade to be done.It was called a second stage/tier of manufacturing and a plate to state it was attached to the vehicle when it was done.

The front of Crusier was lifted only 25 mm and also had a spacer fitted as well. The springs were also heavy duty to take the Extra weight of the steel power coated Bullbar and the Kingone /Avenger Mako 12,000 lb Winch. Again OME Nitrocharger Struts were fitted.

The back has been lifted as well and it has only 200 kg rated springs in the back along with Coil rite Airbags for when carrying more load. Also again fitted were Nitrocharger Shocks.

To replace a set of injectors in these D4D Twin Turbo v8 motor you won't get much change if any out of $ 10,000 dollars
so i had a Water watch alarm fitted that as the name implies alarms when it detects water in the fuel.

I have also fitted a EGR restrictor plate tell stop the black plume of unburnt diesel from the motor and also help keep the oil cleaner longer.

The tyres were replaced with Cooper ST Maxx 265/75/17 and i have found them to be very good so far. Not to noisy for a AT/Mud tyre:icon-cool:

The Bullbar has HID IPF driving lights which are ok but i will be upgrading them somehwere down the track. The headlights have been upgraded in the High beam to 70 wat HID which are very good and the low beam has a modified H9 globe fitted which gives a better light as well.

I have the GME UHF with the controls on the Microphone and the rest of the body hidden behind the centre of the dash.:icon-cool:

Also fitted to the Cruiser is EK215H TPMS that tells my what the tyres pressures and temps are doing and the Caravn tyres are also fitted with sensors that can be linked or unlinked to the Tyre pressure Monitor base in the vehicle.
This system was designed for use on semi trailers in America and can accomodate up to 22 Tyre pressures sensors.

Also had a Safari Snorkel fitted as well for the odd deeper creek.:doh:

I think that is all for now. Now for a few pictures hopefully.:whistle:

There are a few pictures including our Coromal offroad Poptop Caravan as well.

IMG_0124.JPGIMG_0281.JPG
IMG_0322.jpgIMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0385.JPGIMG_0459.JPGIMG_0684.JPGIMG_0687.JPGIMG_0724.JPGIMG_0726.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers Thanks Clive. It travels the outback roads well so far.:shhh:

Hi TONY and welcome love the old 40,s I have fj45 fj40 with hj60 running gear in them thanks for the pics from Tony.:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great updates and pics Beno. :thumbup:

Hey guys.
Bit of an update. My BJ73 is my dd.
Unfortunately it was involved in a Bingle on the way home from work and is now waiting assessment from insurance as to what they will do either repair or write off.:pray:Which i hope they don,t. If they don,t and i get the insurance money all is not lost. I have found a better one not to far from where i live.:shhh::shhh: Hopefully i will know what is happening by the end of this week.:think::think:

If i end up buying this other BJ73 i will put some picks up.

Ok guys bit of an update.
Well good news and bad news. The cruiser was written off and i got What they call market Value for it which wasn't quite enough to buy the other Bj73 that i am looking at.:cry::cry: I am bidding my time and saving some money for another Bj73 so will have to see what happens in the new year.:pray::pray:

I remembered that i had also mentioned the HZJ 105 So i will try to post up some pictures of it and a few of the mods it had on it in the near future.:doh::doh:
100_1456-2.jpg

A few more picks of the HZJ 105

100seriesgxlaf300113-1.jpg

100seriesgxlaf300114.jpg

In the picture below Just to the right of the Gear stick was my Thermo guard Digital EGT Gauge set to alarm at 500 deg c.
100seriesgxlaf30014.jpg

The exhaust system was a 3 inch Mandrel bent Aluminised steel system
from the Beaudesert Company in Queensland.
A great system and easy to fit.:thumbup:
100seriesgxlaf300110.jpg

Sorry i have some how posted to pictures of the Delphi Cav fuel filter setup i run as well as the factory fitted unit.:doh::doh:

100seriesgxlaf30013.jpg

The Suspension system was Once again the ARB OME set up with a 2 inch lift.
Also incorporated in the rear springs were a set of the Polyair Air bags for addidtional
support when towing the Offroad van. The Rear springs were a 400 kg rated spring.
The shocks were the Nitrocharger shock.

The tyres on the cruiser in this picture were the BFG at 285/75/16 and were good.I can say i never had any issues with them.:thumbup:

100seriesgxlaf30015.jpg

100seriesgxlaf30013.jpg

This next picture is of the Stainless steel pipework of the X Country Frontmounted intercooler. Top quality that system was. This sytem was all kept inside the engine bay where as other front mounted systems pipework was directed out into the wheel arch space. Ilike this syetem much better and the tig weld finish was awesome.

100_6073.jpg
Intercooler itself.

100_6071.jpg
In this next picture you can see my homemade catch can for any oil blowby
which can happen as the engine gets older. I didn't want any oil fume going into the
air intake pipwork.
100_6070-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Guys
Sorry it's been a while but been a bit busy.
Company I work for has been put into Voluntary Administration. Luckily I put in for some Long Service Leave before the went into Va and they are still paying it so that's good.
I decided not to buy the BJ73 that I was looking at there a while back and conserve $$$$ for a while.

I am still keeping an eye out. My wife keeps telling me I am teasing myself.:disappointed::disappointed:.
I can't complain as my wife has no objection for me to buy another BJ73 it's me being cautious.:pensive::pensive:

Then our computer crashed and I couldn't remember the password to login. All fixed now.:sunglasses::sunglasses:

That's ok no rush here, nice looking truck been made better with all the extra goodies fitted.

Back