Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another medal

Nice one Chas :clap: i probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door but i'd love to have a go at it . I have search online but can't find anything to do with archery local to me .

We'll i'll be damned all i got was the odd shop selling equipment and very few of them either must be the "club" that makes the difference ? thanks Chas i will look into it :thumbup:

Last edited:
Last Monday we had a three way postal competition between an archery club in Winchester and another in The Falkland Islands, they won overall, our club came second and Winchester third but I won a Gold Medal in the barebow category. :dance:
This takes place each year with the Falklands but club in Winchester was included this time as a Falkland Islander is attending university there

Bravo Chas! Well done! You're gonna have to get a bigger mantle shelf, at this rate...:clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Eat your heart out Robin of Sherwood Chas of Merton Park has a better bow and a cooler chariot :lol: well done Chas :clap:

We'll i'll be damned all i got was the odd shop selling equipment and very few of them either must be the "club" that makes the difference ? thanks Chas i will look into it :thumbup:

I've resisted saying this Shayne, because I can't remember anything positive, but I'm sure they used to run an archery club at Briton Ferry golf course. I have no idea how far that is from your place, a good deal west of you I guess, and it was a long time ago when I lived in a cottage on the hill right next to the 18th green!

Another gold medal and trophy for Mens Barebow for our Clubs WA18 Trophy Shoot. I shouldn't brag but that's the third year in a row.

Barebow - Chas Spencer Gold-Trophy.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Chas :dance:
Are you really 7' 6" tall, or are you standing next to a very small person?:think:

That's our club President Les, he is a bit on the small side.

Brag away Chas, well deserved I say! :clap:

OK, I've just had a count up I now have 12 medals and at present three trophies, which will have to be presented to the next winner.

Ive just taken up field archery, started with a borrowed recurve bow.

Enjoying it, more than I thought I would.

Ive just taken up field archery, started with a borrowed recurve bow.

Enjoying it, more than I thought I would.

I have considered Field Archery it sounds like a lot of fun, but as it involves a lot of walking on uneven ground my back problem wouldn't stand up to it. :icon-cry:

Yes, thats true.

I slept for the afternoon after the first effort :)

One to watch on the International scene?

My maintenance for today is to lay down most of the day after spending yesterday from 10:30am - 5:00pm shooting arrows, (But we did have a couple of breaks during the day) today I feel like an old man, hang on I am an old man, but I did come away with the Gents Barebow Prize. Only a bottle of beer but it was just a friendly.

20150611_153923.jpg

No medals but I shot a Portsmouth round at Quicks indoor archery range last night, not a great final score but a great last end for a barebow.
10, 10, 10.
As long as the arrow touches the line the higher score is awarded.
This was from 20yds and the gold centre is about 5" diameter, the larger inner circle is about 2"

30.jpg

Back