Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Suzuki defector..

1nkling

Hi guys,

Thought I better say hello.

I'm Ben and I've defected over from the Shropshire Suzuki club/forum. (Yes, another Ben)

Just bought myself a 97 SWB Colorado. Much like sae70's.

I've been wanting a landcruiser for a long time and finally everything fell into place to get one. Will be sad to see my Vitara go but looking forward to picking the new cruiser up on Tuesday.

Have been reading lots of info here and will no doubt be asking some stupid questions along the way.

Oh, if I can help at all with anything for you guys and your site I'd be happy to. I've been running the Shropshire Suzuki forums for the last few years.

:icon-biggrin:

welcome and I look forward to photos of your collie! the best LC :icon-biggrin:

Welcome to the club Ben. :icon-biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new cruiser when you get it. :thumbup:

Any plans to modify it at all? :icon-cool:

:text-lol: :text-welcomeconfet: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics:

Hi there Ink' :icon-biggrin:

How's it gone down on SS :icon-question:

Have you sold the ol' Zuk yet :icon-question:

Thanks for the welcome guys! :icon-biggrin:

Any plans to modify it at all? :icon-cool:

Nothing major but I'd certainly like to put a small spring lift on and some bigger tires. The slovenian guy who is working for my blacksmith neighbour loves landcruisers and has already offered to make me a winch bumper if I want so thats an option.

The other thing I've been considering which might be a little bit crazy is... my friend has started a business doing vinyl wraps and the other day I discussed him maybe doing a matt black wrap of the car for practice, publicity shots, etc and I'd help him get a website up and running. I think it'd look great in matt black.

How's it gone down on SS :icon-question:

Have you sold the ol' Zuk yet :icon-question:

Well, they haven't lynched me yet. Maybe because I have the keys to the server.. :lol:

The zuk is still around. I've sold some of my spares, etc but I want to give it a good clean up and will probably whack it through an MOT as it expires in December anyway.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the photos m8 :icon-smile:

Closely followed by the aspirational list of mods :icon-biggrin: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, here it is.. The new Landcruiser..

Picked it up from Morecambe on Tuesday and drove it back down to Devon. Very happy so far, it pulls like a train.

The only niggle I have is that the rear diff lock although working when I tested it at the garage seems to not be working now.. :wtf: Hoping its something non-expensive otherwise I might have a fight with the garage.

Attachments

• new_toy.jpg
    new_toy.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Lol :icon-biggrin:

It is like a game of snap :lol:

Fiery soon after I picked her up and before any mods :icon-smile:

P8070092.jpg

Hopefully mine'll look a bit more like Fiery looks now soon though Steven. :icon-biggrin:

So.. First of many many questions.. My cruiser came with one key and that was it. I asked about a central locking fob but the dealer said they weren't given anything other than the one key. I'm assuming from the size of the key that it is a transponder one. Anyone managed to get a second key? Also should I have a central locking fob considering the age/model of mine and if so is it possible to get replacements?

Hi Ben,

That looks very nice and tidy.
Now don't go crazy, with all the mods.
Just a Suspension lift
Just a Snorkel
Just Bigger tyres,
Just Diff breathers
Just a Front winch bumper off your "Blacksmith" mate.
Might as Just a put a winch in there while your at it.
And Just a rear bumper to match of course.
Just Sliders to the sides.
Just racking system
Just a fridge to fill the rack system.
Just a roof tent to go with the fridge.
Just a well, just thats enough for now.

Nothing too serious, you get the picture?

Gra.

.. My cruiser came with one key and that was it. I asked about a central locking fob but the dealer said they weren't given anything other than the one key. I'm assuming from the size of the key that it is a transponder one. Anyone managed to get a second key? Also should I have a central locking fob considering the age/model of mine and if so is it possible to get replacements?
Here's a photo of my keys for you 1nkling :icon-smile: My truck a 98MY 'S' plate has what I assume is a factory alarm and as you can see I'd be surprised if my key way a clever chipped one. I open and close the truck using the two buttons on the keyfob, one for open and one for closed. Hope that this helps you Ben :icon-biggrin:

IMG_2783.jpg

Thanks for even more welcomes guys!

Steven, I have the same key. Just wondered as its a similar size to the suzuki transponder. You think its not one though?

I don't have a fob for opening and closing though. :icon-cry: The manual does have all the information for using the fob though which makes me wonder if they had one at some point but lost it or stopped using it. I'm guessing theres no real way of getting a replacement or second hand one? Anyone have one knocking around and are they programmable?

They are programmable, some rigmoral involving open and closing doors etc. I have got 2 kicking around somewhere. The Toyota alarm/central locking etc. equipment packed up in mine, or at least id drove me crazy when sometimes it wouldn't work, then it would, then it wouldn't. So I sacked it off for a 20 quid central locking gizmo off ebay. no alarm now but don't really feel as though I need one with my garage being alarmed and the door weighing half a ton.

I have got 2 kicking around somewhere.

Cheers Chris. I guess the aftermarket option is worth considering. Would you be interested in letting one of the fobs go so I could maybe have a try at setting it up? Depending on if I can find out what the programming procedure is obviously.

Also, in other news. The new cruiser started earning its keep today.

loadsa_wood.jpg

Hi Ben,

Looks good.

I've bought both my Landcruisers from the Northwest as well, I reckon until Marsh Barton took off so big there just wasnt the volume of 4x4's in the Southwest and prices def seem higher down here. You've also got a couple of other forum members nearby, although as you live in Totnes I cant guarantee they wear Kaftans and believe in Narnia....

Have seen a few greenlanes over your way, not driven them though.

Cheers

Pete

Back