Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any Series 60 Owners

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello, I'm an HJ60 owner from Whitstable in Kent, I have owned her for about six years now and done so much metal replacement on her it's rediculas but I love her. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366845483.118335.jpg

Just a few 60 shots....Picture131.jpg

Anyone recognise it?

DSC00301.jpg

Import high roof model with auto,air con and LSD.

DSC00308.jpg

The engine from my 61.

Andy

Hi Tim good to see you at Arley Hall at the car show hj 60 looks good and good look with fj40 you have on the go I have bits for a 40 it's tonytoyota with the fj45 pick up :clap:

just like to say hello from aussie land, yes have a 60 sereis an a 6.5 chevy diesel in it an goes very well just getting some 33 inch muddies on

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A 60 with a 6.5 Detroit V8 in it!! Lets see some pics, we like 60's they are really rare in the UK.

Andy

i bet its an awesome truck with the V8 powerplant. Did you do the conversion yourself? if so what was the donor vehicle? It looks so straighter than the vast majority of UK trucks. Tons of questions to ask so get ready!!

Andy

andy yes has some real grunt , the conversion was done by brunswick diesel in west australia they import the motors from the usa . 240000 km on the clock an the new motor went in at 119000 km . the cruiser was import from japan i think and has all the sahara featurestheres no rust at the moment top of the roof a bit faded an just fitted some new mud tyres 33 12.5 by 15 so have to try her out up a couple of hills IMG_2082.jpg

This is my HJ61 from Finland. It has 460000 odo reading, runs great. Everything is original. I have to fix some rust, mainly rear part as usual. Already bought new front and back fenders and front end panel, i´ll paint this car also with original colour. I have original fender extensions (fibreglass) but i´m not putting them back. I made new back bumpers, using 3mm steel. Picture shows cruiser as it was when i bought it, just removed fender extensions.
hj61.jpg

this is mine, not quite looking like this at the moment, but keen to get the few bits sorted as I find the 70 series to small

h61front_zps824d53b8.jpg

h61_zps6c159d95.jpg

bh61turbo_zps53ebc0c2.jpg

I saw this when out and about today, with a bullbar like that I had to stop and snap it
IMG-20131220-01026.jpg

I'd say that is a Aussie import. High roof and fibreglass arches were popular in Oz and those wheels are Australian made as well. The Roo bar looks substantial to say the least. Sliding rear windows and front quarterlights are distinctive of that area market. It's a pity you didn't get a shot of the interior, at that age it could be a diesel,turbo diesel or a 4.2 petrol :icon-biggrin:

Andy

already got pics of mine in the rebuild thread

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/49539-60-series-build
but here's one if you missed it

IMG_4485modded_zps6eb6fd56.jpg

Toyota Hilux front brake calipers and pads
ARB winch bar

Winchmax 13000lbs 24v winch
IPF auxillary lights
custom made rear bumper
ARB air lockers
ARB compressor with auxillary air tank and external airline plug
OME heavy duty suspension, giving approx 50mm lift
longranger fuel tank
GRP side panels for rear windows
custom rear load restraint
Upracks roof rack
Foxwing
235/85x15 tyres on 8x16 rims with -33mm offset
4.1 diffs to compensate for tyres
24-12V dropper
12v and 24v accessories seperately fused through secondary fuse boxes
convert from electric windows to manual.
remove central locking
Toyota Hilux front seats in the rear
modified land rover 110 rock sliders
racing harnesses to the rear
'security items'!

Last edited:
Here's mine...
FJ62-Kaokoland 2012102.jpegIMG_4214 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_4773.JPGIMG_7867.JPG

1988 3F pretty much standard
5 speed
OME suspension