Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone available for a work party?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Scott is very kindly dragging himself all the way from Dartford on Friday morning to help drop the box and GW and try to swap it over with the silver cruiser between then and Saturday. This is a quite unbelievable offer. So a huge public thanks from me to him. If anyone is around / available on Friday or Saturday to lend a hand in any capacity, it would be very much appreciated. I think that we'll probably have it covered, but there are jobs such as removing an axle etc that are simple spanner work or lugging heavy bits around the back of the house that would be valuable.

I fully appreciate how busy people are working own their own trucks and that most of you live a considerable distance, no no pressure at all, but if you fancy bringing your spanners socket set, jack and lending a hand here and there for a bit on either day, it would be much appreciated.

There isn't a huge amount to do actually, but sometimes it's a case of experience being more helpful than muscle. I can't tell you how relieved I'll be when we finally get it rolling. I can then start on axle checks etc and on getting my sliders and winch back on. Got to order a snork yet. But I have two new dampers coming on Friday so swapping springs over would be another useful job. Got to be running for Lincomb. I need to get the rack lifted on and the tent on top of that too. Doing the box is the number one. I can manage the rest, but many hands make light work and blitzing the job would be amazing. You can fill your pockets with nuts and bolts for you own stores!

Chris

Chris I start work at lunch on Friday, but if I can be of any muscle help on Friday morning count me in, may only be for a couple of hours, but as they say at Tesco, Every little helps !

Chris mate, your more than welcome! I'm just bringing the lifting equipment, tools, some muscle and a second pair of hands. Your the man with the plan!

Fingers crossed we get a good run at it, and make some good progress.

Cheers.

Aye!

Nick don't worry mate. That's OK I shall just be disconnecting bits in the new truck, whilst I am still clean! It's not until we get into the meaty stuff that we might need a bit more grunt. Looks like I shall have to buy me own cigars then.

C

Arrggg! Wished I had the time to be around for this event, but not :( Good luck to you & hope this is the solution to your locomotion issues :thumbup:

Oh & plenty of piccys please :pray: :)

Chris this would have been a great learning (and possibly hernia-inducing) experience for me but I can't make it up there as we have mates coming in from US to stay. I'd be happy to see "removing rear axle" pics etc too for reference although all the talk about saws suggests you won't be hanging about.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris I would have loved to be there, all the way from South London :whistle: but I will be sunning myself in the South of France this week-end :p

Hi Chris,
Another sorry from me.

You know where I am.

G.

No worries guys. Not sure there will lots of pics though. We'll need our (filthy) hands to be holding tools not cameras. See if I can get my load off his X -Box.

Chris

What's the weather forcast and have you got a big tarp because I only work when it's warm and dry :mrgreen: only kidding, sorry but the timing isn't good for me this weekend but I do have a portable 20x10ft garage clogging up the tardis that I could maybe drop over to you if you think you could use it / can anchor it down / is supposed to be pissing it down.

Sorry buddy, bad timing - you could have picked a better slot than Mothers Day weekend :roll:

Hope it stays dry for you though :mrgreen:

Sorry Chris ive just got back from france and now need to catch up on jobs but i hope you get enough help and the weather holds out for you.

Joe

Well it's given it a bit mixed I think Jon. I have a tarp that can go over the drive and be magneted onto the roof of GW. Gavmagnets are wonderful things.

It's pretty windy at the second though. Case of just ploughing on I think.

Mother's Day Gav - rumour had it that you were grown in a test tube!!

Chris

Back