Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone else blocked out of the site?

but did point out it is a similar platform to being used by forums of a similar nature so it will undoubtedly get fixed,

I think this is the key point - Does anyone know if these problems happen with other sites, or is it just us?

If it happens everywhere its likely a code problem, if its just us it might be a configuration problem? Just a thought

At the end of the day, we're all guessing here. These systems are all complicated, to fix it would need someone to get deep into the details of it and anyone with the skills to dig into it probably doesn't work for free.

Maybe the site admins have already had people in to try and fix it, or maybe its just considered too hard / too expensive to fix. It's frustrating for (largely non technical) users when it doesn't work, but some of the problem is communication or lack of it.

There's obviously some technical people on this thread who are interested in the details - so the admins should feel free to add as much detail as they want as to what the suspected problem is, whats been tried etc. You never know - we all want it to work and one of us might spot something.

Dave, - Then.........what ?
You seem to like logging in very regularly because you can, good for you.
No more haste to reply there than you, just as and when, and when the system allows me, and although you point out your problem was years ago, why mention it again when it was solved. I was replying to your most recent post going by dates. Some problems still exist that may not relate to those problems !
With reference to Bob's comment asking if it was going to be an on going requirement clearing browsing history all the time, surely admin/Crispin would be the one to answer that, having been involved in setting up/running the system, regardless of where on forum it was posted
Anyone else's answer is just a guess ??
Emoji are just an expression and can lead to frustration rather than anger, when a forum has problems that consistantly crop up. Its enough to make anyone want to tear their hair out, and I for one, have not got enough to waste it.
Unless you constantly/periodically experience this you wouldnt know, as you are sorted.
Surely the point of a forum is for members to be able to participate when they choose, not as or when the system chooses to function properly and let them, not "leave it a couple of days then try again/leave alone for a few days, then you would not be so angry/ it will get sorted"(your answers, not admin, unless you are part of it now ? Not helpful when the system still doesn't work properly for some.
Your comments are duly noted, and thank you for your expert advice.

Last edited:
Some very good points there Karl.

Some of us have mentioned at many various stages with problems here, have NO problems with any other sites
Yes, communication or lack of it, can bring it's own problems when a situation occurs.
As suggested, no shame in Crispin/admin asking for any proper informed/constructive advice, but anyone capable would have to have knowledge in the field and of the system used and how it operates, so co operation between the two would be essential, unless the forum comes under the "official secrets act".

I'm still here :whistle:.

I wasn't angry - just very frustrated.. When locked out I had no way of contacting the Administrators for advice. Fortunately I was in the middle of a long 'conversation' exchange with 'Aerolastic' - and we had swapped e-mails. Via e-mail he was able to relay some advice to me from Crispin as his 'phone was working although his laptop was locked out.

I e-mailed 'Haz 120' recently and found that he was also locked out and didn't know why. I was able to give him a clue as to how to get back in.

That's the problem; when you can't reach the site you feel completely isolated - unless you happen to have someone's e-mail address or 'phone number.

I'm guessing there are a few who are unable to contact us and aren't computer-savvy enough to find a way in (like me).

Bob.

... and good people will just say sod it and not come back.

We have great people on this site with great knowledge which benefits us all and it would be a shame to lose anyone. We've already lost enough good people (eg TonyC)

I normally use Google Chrome browser. Been getting "Forbidden" on that for this site. Cleared cookies, and have no problems with getting access to other sites from Chrome. Using Microsoft Edge, I`m straight into it.
Is there some hitch with this site "talking to" Chrome?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was in Spain when i got locked out for 2 weeks but then I discovered that you can't read google news in occupied europe either so i blamed the eu :icon-biggrin:

Thanks for that - sorry my question wasn't very clear there!

No problem using Chrome for other sites. Just this one.

So even after you've cleared the cookies, chrome still doesn't work on this site? How do you clear the cookies, do you clear them all, or just the ones for the lundcruiserclub.net site?

If you just clear them for this site, do you have any other variations of the site name that might be being used?

eg, landcruiserclub.net, www.landcruiserclub.net etc. If you have more than one, you need to make sure you clear them all.

I suspect that Chrome has a dodgy cookie that isn't getting cleared; and that Edge works OK because it doesn't have the same cookie.

I`m currently using Edge here, but Chrome for everything else. It works, but clearly summat is out of kilter somewhere.

Yep!

Dave, - Then.........what ?
You seem to like logging in very regularly because you can, good for you.
No more haste to reply there than you, just as and when, and when the system allows me, and although you point out your problem was years ago, why mention it again when it was solved. I was replying to your most recent post going by dates. Some problems still exist that may not relate to those problems !
With reference to Bob's comment asking if it was going to be an on going requirement clearing browsing history all the time, surely admin/Crispin would be the one to answer that, having been involved in setting up/running the system, regardless of where on forum it was posted
Anyone else's answer is just a guess ??
Emoji are just an expression and can lead to frustration rather than anger, when a forum has problems that consistantly crop up. Its enough to make anyone want to tear their hair out, and I for one, have not got enough to waste it.
Unless you constantly/periodically experience this you wouldnt know, as you are sorted.
Surely the point of a forum is for members to be able to participate when they choose, not as or when the system chooses to function properly and let them, not "leave it a couple of days then try again/leave alone for a few days, then you would not be so angry/ it will get sorted"(your answers, not admin, unless you are part of it now ? Not helpful when the system still doesn't work properly for some.
Your comments are duly noted, and thank you for your expert advice.
You see there you go again, you must read and understand before replying, or perhaps it is my fault for not making it clear? I will reply again to you as clearly as possible in separate paragraphs to help, it's the least I can do, I promise no joined up writing.

Yes I closed the post with 'then.............' It was not aimed at anyone in particular just pointing out that it is not a life and death crisis if you, me, Bob or anyone else cannot log on to this site or any other for that matter, and if you get the feeling of doom and gloom and the world is coming to an end, then you can leave, go elsewhere or perhaps need to get a life! I was trying to be polite and I thought ending the sentence as I did was obvious, but now I have explained it to you I hope you understand?

Yes you are correct, I do not presently have issues logging in but initially did, and once 'in' I thought I could help Bob or others others by mentioning something I did that might help........oh wait I did, by pointing out that clearing the 'stay logged in' box allowed me to log in without further issues, and later in the thread another idea pointing out that having the browser clear cookies/history as Bob or anyone else closes (remembering Bob's method) may allow him to log in the next time around a little easier was another idea, it may or may not have helped but is way more conducive than I can see in your contributions to this thread thus far.

You asked why I mentioned I contacted admin direct years ago so why mention it again? Well the answer really was in the same sentence which you seemed to have missed, please read again my first sentence in this post.

Re haste in replying, I log in and reply as and when I feel like it, but my posts I hope are helpful if not why would I bother, I like to think my replies/input is of value, even this post may have some value.....but not much I admit to others.......think about it now.

Bob's question about clearing his browser history every time he logged in (on an open forum) yes Crispin and or his team may or may not read it however, contacting admin (or having someone else do it as Bob did) worked, pop back a couple of paragraphs and read again.

Re Emoji, Have a quick look at the Emoji, you will see it is listed as 'Anger/screaming' despite already knowing what it meant I did check though (did you?) and I was right however, I guess it could be seen/taken as frustration, happy to meet you halfway here though.....you know a compromise?

Re 'Unless you constantly/periodically experience this you wouldnt know, as you are sorted.' (Copied and pasted that) Your right but if the issue was not sorted despite various efforts then........... Got it?

Re 'Surely the point of a forum is for members of a forum is for members to be able to participate when they choose, not as or when the system chooses to function properly and let them, not "leave it a couple of days then try again/leave alone for a few days, then you would not be so angry/ it will get sorted"(your answers, not admin, unless you are part of it now ? Not helpful when the system still doesn't work properly for some. (Copied and pasted this as well.)

Your sort of right.......to a point however, the forum is free, it costs nothing to join......nada....zip....gratis...... (means you don't pay), if it does not work and despite all efforts to get it to work fail and perhaps leaving it a couple of days and perhaps even longer and still no joy, and seeing as there does not appear to be a collar and chain then....................... Got it yet?

I have mentioned, technology changes every day, note the different results from different browsers posted by other members, some may have issues accessing sites with one browser and not another for example, so this is not an isolated incident, having spent considerable time in IT I am all too aware of problems that suddenly arise with no apparent cause, and of course recognise those problems can be difficult to resolve, I used my own experience with this site as an example, and only returning when the platform was changed, personally I still would prefer to let the team get on with it, I doubt they are sitting on their back sides thinking about their up and coming holidays, these things can take time, and I am quite happy to give that time or of course I have the option to......well you know the answer to that.

Now to my apology.

This post is full of explanations and reasons for my posts and I am sure you will appreciate that. It is also full of sarcasm (apparently the lowest form of wit) but, it is only being used as a posture in reply to your own posts which were not bereft of the same, but also with a little fun (remember that?) and no offense should it be taken or was intended.

Stay safe.

Regards

Dave

Dave, ooh, you certainly have a way with words.
No need for apologies, I wasn't looking for any.
As you didn't come out and say what you meant, it IS your fault for not making it clear, and you have now confirmed what you meant. That made it very easy to confirm you meant, what I thought you meant. Get it ? Thanks for clarifying.
Just say outright what you mean in finished sentences, then I/we all know what you mean without summising.
There YOU go again, aswering as if youre running the forum, presuming what admin are doing, full of advice telling me I can leave now. We all have that option, and are able to make decisions for ourselves (myself) I do get that bit !
Thank you for reminding me in non joined up writing, makes it easy at my age, (fun)
Maybe you also have the power to delete me if I dont comply with your suggestions, or have a word ?
In the absence of any input from admin, you come across as if you are answering for them with some of your helpful statements/advice ? If you bother to read some of my posts, you will see plenty of fun in them, and I think we agree on one thing, - we both have an understanding of sarcasm.
Just off now to do some copying and pasting !

I will take Karl's sound advice in his recent last post on this. A very good constructive suggestion.

I have been refraining from responding here but couple of things.

It's getting a bit techy between some of you guys, so play nice please...

Regarding the forum and the team running it... Well firstly this is not a well funded platform like Facebook et al. Its a team of 3/4 people, 2 mods, (Chris J and myself). We don't get paid, I do it well I have no clue why.
One admin, Crispin, who does all the other stuff. He does not make his living off this, I think with the contributions we make and the advertising he covers the costs and has some spare for rainy days.

It's not a excuse or an apology, just the reality. In today's consumer based world, we all expect the best, with quick snappy service, reality is we formed this as a bunch of enthusiastic land cruiser owners for somewhere to share knowledge and have a bit of fun.

I'll take that for what it is Tony, a proper informed answer, as you know it from the management.
As has been mentioned elsewhere, communication is always good. Thanks.

Now.......about this little problem ? lol !

Back