Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone fancy a stroll?

Rob

Garage
Fullscreen for the best views ;)

[youtube:2okvy2vj]ZmDhRvvs5Xw[/youtube:2okvy2vj]

Phew! gave me a fright when he stumbled 10 secs in :o

looks like a wicked hike :thumbup:

back when i was 25 :dance: ... i would rather experience THAT one from his cam. :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
frekn hll, thats an insane walk. Seems like the man behind the cam wasnt using any safety harnesses - he was moving too fast to attach and dettach esp when passing other walkers. You would have thought that if someone wanted to video that, he'd use a head cam so he could focus ont he walking and not have to concentrate on where he is pointing a hand cam!!!

Some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey

:o I bet that'll be giving Chris sleepless nights with all the elf'n'safety violations!
As an engineer, I have to say the concrete formwork left a bit to be desired :lol:

I'm with Wayne - that's one best watched through someone else's cam and not in person

Don't you start. Never mind the regulations, I nearly s*** myself. How nuts is that, and so casual. Hi man, like can I squeeze past - Oh yeah, sorry to be in your way Dude

A THOUSAND FEET UP! Holy C**p My mind is still screaming ....

CERTAIN DEATH CERTAIN DEATH CERTAIN aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thud

Andrew Prince said:
:o I bet that'll be giving Chris sleepless nights with all the elf'n'safety violations!
As an engineer, I have to say the concrete formwork left a bit to be desired :lol:

I'm with Wayne - that's one best watched through someone else's cam and not in person

yeah but can you imagine shuttering, mixing and pouring concrete hanging off the side of a mountain like that with shear drops. :shock:

I do quite a bit of concrete shuttering at work, and some of it is quite complicated, but i wouldnt know where to start with that. :?

IMHO the reason theres huge bits missing in the middle of the path is because they havnt put any steel in the concrete to re-enforce it. :think:

The fact that so much of the concrete has fallen away would make me nervous as hell trustung the remainder of the concrete :? Truth be told, I'd be at the beginning of the path filling in the HSE forms with Chris and 999 already typed into my phone for when one of those jokers takes a tumble. :whistle:

I did wonder who the poor sods were that had to haul the building materials up there and build the walkway. I suspect there were a few casualties building it too.

Back