Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know how to get FM(Radio) aerial out?

Hi Guys,

Do you know how to get the FM aerial out without removing the entire wing?

Is there a magic trick or contorsionist action involved?

Please help! :pray:

I took mine out with a bit of a struggle. I think I had to take a few obvious bits off first. And of course you have to feed the coax cable through. It is difficult as you have to do everything with your left hand. I vividly remember not being able to lift my head off the pillow for a couple of days as I'd pulled my left neck/shoulder.

Frank

yep you're right, magic trick and contortionist action required. It can be done without wing removal, I did mine with a combination of 1/4 drive ratchet and 10 mm socket and a small 10 mm ratchet spanner, laid across the engine bay, it was a tricky time consuming job though.

good luck Andy :thumbup:

You have to be a bit of a contortionist to get them off without removing the wing, but for all the fiddling it is quicker to just undo the wing top bolts and pull it away from the car - you don't have to pull it off completely.

I just went DAB then I don't need the faffing aerial. It is a real swine., I did mine on the white one. If you are hell bent on doing it then the wing method is the best bet.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I removed mine, needed some persistence but not as much as I needed to fit a CB antennae base in the same place :lol:

Back