Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know what this is?

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Had my centre console out to sort a rattle/knock out, tucked under the cup holder on the side of the console was either a microphone or alarm sensor? It wires into the main wiring harness under the console at the left hand side.
It can't be important as it's been tucked away but just wondering what it is. most likely just going to tape it up under the console anyway.

20130831_211436.jpg

Glass break detector for the alarm system, it also detects the CB aerial being twanged against the roof :icon-biggrin:

Glass break detector for the alarm system, it also detects the CB aerial being twanged against the roof :icon-biggrin:

So being tucked under the cup holder it probably wasn't doing much anyway!! is there a certain place it should mount?

main thing is I found the rattle I had from under there.....
20130831_211138.jpg

Yep a live shotgun cartridge lol!! didn't expect to come across that!

Yep - mine was just taped to side of the centre console under the cup holder. Had to move it. Drop the shell into plod shop if you haven't got a shotgun licence... or local gun shop and they will get rid of it - local gun shop would be less problematic and least amount of paperwork.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think I'll just stick it back where it was then (the sensor not the shell)
I gave it to police to deal with just a quick form to fill in, deal with traffic and AR at work so seen one parked up on way home last night and they took it off my hands. Not something I planned on keeping or chucking in the bin lol.

So being tucked under the cup holder it probably wasn't doing much anyway!! is there a certain place it should mount?

main thing is I found the rattle I had from under there.....
20130831_211138.jpg

Yep a live shotgun cartridge lol!! didn't expect to come across that!

Tee, hee! That would have set the alarm off if something had triggered it! Might have tested out the glass breaking sensor at the same time! :wtf: :lol:

Last edited:
I know the likely hood of one going off is prob quite low but would've known about it!
Did wonder why the window tints were so dark lol!!!

It looks like an ultrasonic detector - they detect change in air pressure. So can go off from a window being left down etc. You generally have two, one on each side of the car and are generally quite visible inside the cabin.

The box looks like a knock sensor with the dial being there to adjust sensitivity - so that a noisy exhaust doesn't set it off

I've stuck it to the console under the cup holder rather then tucking it back in lol. Might have to start locking it and test the alarm out lol!

Back