Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB 2500 Awning and ARB Enclosed Room question

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hi all
once again trying to take advantage of all the real life knowledge on here.
I am looking at the ARB 2500 x 2500 awning which looks pretty good.
But i am also looking at buying the Enclosed room with floor that you can build around the Awning poles.
Has anyone got one?
Do you like it or anything that is not good about the set up?
Most important question (that i cannot get a reply from ARB in Australia or USA about) is whether the room is properly water proof? I know the awning is. But is the room good enough to use like a tent if needs be?
many thanks

Been looking at the arb rooms also as I want to get the height off my roof with the rtt.

It appears to me that certain makes of room are totally sealed and waterproof.

Yes the arb room is sealed and has a mud wall it is not made from panels

I have this exact set up on my 100 series. What you want to know.

I have had a few issues with it.

Thanks @Chris and @Howmanygoes.
Basically I am trying to determine if it weather proof enough to be used as a potential sleeping area in some circumstances. I know the awning is waterproof but it seems the room is made of lighter material. ARB have not replied to my inquiries on the spec of the room material.

I will have a pop top roof to sleep so the room would never be main sleeping option anyway.
I have travelled with people who have set up an oztent next to car that works very well (they seem to be great quality). It can used for cooking and eating etc when the weather is bad. I am trying to work out if a fitted ARB room is a better option than the oztent.
Either way I will get the awning , although there is an extension with the oztent if you want it.
Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dont forget how big an oztent is when packed up!

As Chris said. Yes you can sleep in it, I found the 3side zips can open themselves in strong winds. I added a small zip tie to over come this. Not my awning in the photo but the same set up.

06E98B4D-988B-4B4C-8559-09C3AEF3E285.jpeg

HMG and Chris thanks for both your comments.
Just to be specific then, the room material is clearly properly rainproof?
Cheers.

Let me see how could I be a little clearer ........

@Chris maybe a video of someone sleeping in the arb room whilst enjoying the best of a British summer? lol.

Hi all
But i am also looking at buying the Enclosed room with floor that you can build around the Awning poles.
Has anyone got one?
Most important question (that i cannot get a reply from ARB in Australia or USA about) is whether the room is properly water proof? I know the awning is. But is the room good enough to use like a tent if needs be?
many thanks
Only dealt with a few other brands but generally pretty good, most have roof under awning and sealed floor. Would similar t
Hi all
Has anyone got one?
many thanks
have only dealt with a couple of other brands which have been pretty resistant with own roof and floor.

There is a video on you tube

Back