Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB headlight wiring loom

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Guys, looking at this product in terms of upgrading the candles on the front of my 80. I have looked at several threads on the web, but not found any real definitive 'Wow, this is the best £60 I have ever spent' sort of thing. Has anyone gone for this product?

It plugs into the headlight plug to pick up the signal from your dash / steering column which it uses to fire new relays switching power directly from your battery. I don't know if it caters for having separate full and dipped lamps yet, so a little research to do unless anyone can tell me.

Appreciate any experiences on this one as always. I am not going for HID replacements or anything like that. Just a few more watts out front would be tidy on local lanes at night. My X Lites will be going back on top very soon.

Ahh, it turns out that to do an 80 you need the ARB M002 loom AND the ARB M004 as well.

OK, given what's in there, I shall make my own. It's child's play really. Not spending good money on a few connectors, some wire and relays.

Chris

i got a similar system from the 4crawler USA place - http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks ... neOrdering

a few years ago for my previous vehicle - the 4runner

this was because the contacts on the copper on the indicator stalk were working too well. i did dismantle and clean them up, but then lost the lights - intermittently a few months later. this was because the main current for lights goes through the stalk.. this relay system from 4crawler solved the problem!
and the lights were brighter too!

Back