Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are we planning a sojourn through welsh Wales this year?

One thing I can give you absolute assurance on is that it contains no trace of C whatsoever.
There's usually fire-side chat in the evening :icon-smile: Not so much of the hot showers though, unless something has gone wrong :lol:

I've just been told about a big old coal quarry in Llantrisant used mostly by kids on dirtbikes . Google satellite shows it to be a huge area and apparently there has been a problem with kids taking cars there and burning them so failing attempts have been made to keep anything with 4 wheels out . I hope to visit it this weekend and if its any good maybe i could approach the local plod seeking permission for an overnight stay and camp fire ?

Interested in coming along, but seeing as the non work laptop with mapping software has died with no immanent plan for a replacement I can't volunteer to lead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry Stu, we'd be all day looking for road signs. I have an AA road atlas from 1999. Mapping? Software? Routes? Knowledge, nah. It really does take some skill and prep to set one of these up. It's not a simple bimble along some tracks. You also need to know what's open and what's not or you get into trouble.

Oooh this sounds interesting, depending when and what Mrs Oberleutnant says I could be up for it.......with a tent for a change too.

Guys we just need to understand that this is not a thread called 'there IS a trip...' It's a thread called 'IS there a trip...'

No point signing up to it until there is something to sign up to. Arranging and leading these trips is time consuming and can be a PITA. There aren't that many who are prepared to lead. I am sure that if we get something booked, there'll be no shortage of interested parties, but until someone steps up with the necessary skills, then there isn't anything actually on the cards. We're into the second page of something that doesn't even exist yet. Savvy?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Chris, I'm in the process of getting Muxley ready for action again in my normal slow manner :oops: Should have the carpooter sorted soon too; just the GPS to sort. Once we're ready, I could be tempted to try & put something together as its been ages since I went out for a trip... Doggers carpark perhaps :lol:

We've used Dogger's car park before. I wondered about Crack-den car park this time?

Gave that's a great start. It'd be terrific to see Mux up and about again. To get the best out of these trips we really do need someone with an advanced mapping solution. It's all about the shortest, best, most direct routes or you end up doing two lanes in a day and 400 miles of tar. I am not sure that I plan to go much beyond fitting a decent sat nav in mine for finding normal roads. I don't think I am sufficiently 'there' in relation to carpooters etc.

Keep in touch and if you decide that you could run a trip then we'll post a new thread where it's first come first booked. There are limits to how many in a convoy and if we get another leader then we can spilt into teams. Can I go in FRONT Reinhard this time please? I'd like to get further than the car park. Oh and everyone please have a spare set of keys ha ha.

I did a weekend with Karl, Dave & Jonnie S in the Peaks a couple of years ago & the navigating worked pretty well apart from misjudging a couple of road junctions resulting in 3 point turns... :oops: I'll go back through memory maps tracking & see what I can find; it might be ready to go already :drool:

Muxley just needs his road tax paying for & then we're off; waiting til December to do it though, save a couple of quid... :icon-ugeek:

And yes, pack all those essentials boys :lol:

Last edited:
There are some belting lanes here in the Peaks. I don't know them in detail, but maybe it's time for a change of venue. I did a night lane drive once. We did 200 miles and were barely ever on the tar!

C

How about asking Bens mates from Brits4vits to join us and show us around. They know the area well and I'm sure could put a great weekend together.

Do yu have any details of the lanes in the peaks? I have never been that way and would be interested in them as a option.
I am going that way on the weekend of the 7-8th dec. I am free on the sunday if anybody about I am staying in stoke on trent.
stu

I live in Wales and know many places to go! :think:

Back