Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are we planning a sojourn through welsh Wales this year?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
We have in times gone past had some adventures around this time of the year enduring deep snow, Karl's hat, too much Whisky and broken diffs. How much more fun could you stand?

Unfortunately I am not a qualified trip leader (boo) but thought I'd nudge you all out of your slumber before you finally doze off under the piles of wrapping paper and turkey curry.

Are we thinking about paying a visit to the enchanted Forest this year for trundle around?

Now it's purely a coincidence and one that most of you may have missed but I have a new 80 (Oh you knew already - who blabbed?) and I am sure it could be ready in time for a little light pootling. Not sure about the Gap Road.

Plans? Hmm? Eh? Well?

Going to be nothing but sunshine right through til January so I hear.

i would be up for a little pootling somewhere soon. would this be a day out or camping as i was going to take my rtt off wednesday night.

Usually a night's camping on arrival Friday, then Saturday driving, camp, drive Sunday and home.

People drop in and out as we go along. In the past it has been expertly managed to start and end in places convenient to get away. Sometimes two groups and of course you need to be in the right group or you end up in South Wales wanting to get back to Scotland.

Well that's a bit of a non question really Gra given the context of the Thread. Should we plan a trip to Wales this Winter?

Until there is a trip actually planned we won't know where it is if ya follow me.

Let's say the middle.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol - the middle sounds good. I most likely can't make it but if everything lines up I'd love to be there.

middle, north, south ... have truck, will travel ... depending on dates, I am in! ... maybe I should look for some snow chains, just in case, don't really want to be replacing my diff this time round!

btw ... I am a little puzzled - ehrmmm, is there a part of Wales that is not Welsh?

Oh yes, but :eusa-shhh: look you, don't tell anyone, there's lovely for you.

Yep, I am deff up for this. I think it's a great idea. All we need are dates, a route and someone to organise it all. Other than that, I think we're ready to roll.

Di Cruiser

Guys, is this :

A) Green lanes in Wales with potential for damage to vehicle...come at own risk.
B) Come and camp out in the cold and wet for a couple of days and freeze your cods off, in mid Wales.
C) Arrive at camp site, (hot showers), trundle around for the day exploring various Welsh inns, with fire-side chat in evening.
D) Mud, Water, Mud, Water, Mud Water... in Mid Wales
E) A bit of A B C & D

I'd like to come along, but don't want to off road either the Grey or Blue.

One thing I can give you absolute assurance on is that it contains no trace of C whatsoever.

Tonnes of B. Smattering of A, a skip load of D.

In truth this is about as non damaging as it gets - other than simply driving on tarmac. It's a scenic safari really. These are all roads, yes but some trackways are a little worn. Very often there is a 'Can i miss this one out Guys' option where you meet at the other end. An 80 in std trim should make it all in one piece. It's a blast usually.

C

Didn't Chris Green do the Brecons a while back ?

If I wasn't already planning a trip to Wales I'd be up for going!
Some great lanes and plenty you'd happily take a shiny down and not worry.

Err Rob that wasn't actually meant to be taken literally. Interesting though. Could be handy in a pub quiz.

Edit Whoa back up there a second. Sorry Gary did you just say you were organising this?

Well done. Stepped right up there. OK everyone. Follow Gary ...

Not going till April, planning around petrol stations lol. Gotta fit in a day at Prospeed too ;-)

Would love to come and lead on some lanes
But just too far away. From scotland. . And LC has been defrocked of all its mods/toys

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

"Defrocked" :lol: You mean the warrior has been disarmed :icon-wink:

I think as the op you should organise chris. you sound like your been there a few times already.
stu

Back