Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ASFIR mounting

warrenpfo

For those of you who have fitted the plates to your car did you use the existing bolts or something else??

My concern is not necessarily strength but rather something getting hung up on the bolt and sheering it off so thought of using some kind of round headed bolt.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands??

Yep - too much time! You can counter-sink the bolts if you really want. I just got some new M8 high-tensile bolts from Screw-Fix which is good value for money, and put in new ones every time I take the plates off - probably wasteful but less hassle in the long-run

Cheers Gary :thumbup:

I have no instructions so wondered if its best to start up front and work back or visa versa as they overlap dont they?

Oh - weird. You can get the exploded diagram on the ASFIR site. I always put the transmission one on first then the sump guard. Check for spacers as well - different thicknesses supplied depending on number of plates used (well there is for the 120)

Cheers

Will check again as I did look for an instalation guide but maybe the diagram will give me all the info I need, Will put together build thread soon as lots of changes are going to happen this summer. ;)

Gary Stockton said:
Yep - too much time! You can counter-sink the bolts if you really want. I just got some new M8 high-tensile bolts from Screw-Fix which is good value for money, and put in new ones every time I take the plates off - probably wasteful but less hassle in the long-run

:shock: Sheesh the amount of times I have had my ASFIR plates off, I would be very poor by now if I replaced the bolts every time :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Come on - you can afford the £3.50 for 50 M8 x 25 BZP high tensile bolts?? :lol:

Back