Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto Antenna - Manual buttons with aftermarket radio

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hey all,

Just found the electrical diagrams for the 95 series as I was looking at to enable me to control the antenna with the manual buttons when used with an aftermarket radio. Am I right in saying that if I take the antenna power feed from the back of my headunit and splice it into the postion 13 called AMP on the Antenna control relay, and then connect postion 14 on the relay to the antenna control relay?

I probley need to have alook at how mine is wired up too!

antenna_zpsd78dc49b.jpg

I put a double din unit in mine the other week and made up a custom adapter loom for it (as im a tight arse).

The aerial works as it should with the radio but can still be controlled on the buttons too so it should work without having to tee them in at all ?

cheers! So hopefully by playing around with it at the weekend I may be able to get it to work :D its quite annoying worrying about breaking it from a branch!

+1 i have changed to an alpine double din unit and it still works off the manual buttons aswell as retracting when the headunit is off.

Yea should all be good.
From what I remember I had a blue with and a blue/white wire on the radio loom (both which switch 12v to accessories).
I sed the blue wire and had no need for the blue/white so capped it off :)

Back