Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

auto box and a"fuse" !!! help.....

About the fuel heater: Next to the fuel filter there is the connector going to the fuel heater. Unplug it and then replace the fuse. On my previous 80 the electric wire going to the fuel heater was totally melted.
The problem is inside the heater itself. Apparentely after some age it could stick and keep on heating and heating and overheating the wire causing it to melt.

Greetings

Geert

GEERT, you are correct !!!! I just tried mine, done exactly as you said. Fuse has not blown, so I guess heater unit is faulty, I will take apart and see if I can save it. cheers for the heads up buddy.:icon-biggrin:

Thanks for info Iwan, I will run some tests and see what happens, I put some conditioner in the box today so gonna see how it goes in the next few days. :icon-rolleyes:

media
Any one know what this item is for ? the brass coloured vacuum looking object, it looks like there should be a pipe going to it !!!!!

you don't need to worry about the price of solenoids because your box doesn't have them.

Jon, are there not a couple of what I wrongly called solenoids but are sliding 'valves' above the screen pick up? Maybe getting confused here (not hard) but IIRC there was a circlip holding in a sliding valve or two? They had 'O' rings or seals, and I had swapped them, and the box was fine. I was later told that Wynn's auto box conditioner would have done the same job for less expense and mess?

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I thought the A442F box did have the solenoids in & the older A442 didn't
Dean has the A442F

Dean, go to google & type in Landcruiser transmission adjustments & diagnosis pdf or RM315E pdf

Last edited:
I take a look now joinerman, im getting confused about this "autobox", it says on vin plate A442f, so is this supposed to be electronic or not ? lol
I just took lc out for a spin, done about 20 mile, gearbox does feel better, I guess the more I use it and get that conditioner to do its work the better !!!
Hey dave, when I cleaned the screen I thought I seen some items, which looked like solenoids/sliding valves !!!!! but then again im not familiar with the internals.

At the back of injector pump there a round item with small pipe protruding, which I believe is something to do with vacuum, it does not go any where, nothing connected, any ideas guys ??

I have the same, if you mean just below the diaphragm housing on the top. If it's the one I'm thinking it is a black circle about 12mm round with a tiny, 3 or 4mm pipe sticking out of it downwards that is about 25mm long?

If it's that one, mine just vents to atmosphere and I don't have anything that should connect to it.

Hey joinerman, I just looked at that website pdf, and from that I can see I got the A440 cable adjustment set up on my lc even though it says A442f on the vin plate, so I guess I got the A440 box ????

if you scroll up star cruiser you will see a pic I posted of the item, it looks like its part of some vacuum system !!!!
I have the same, if you mean just below the diaphragm housing on the top. If it's the one I'm thinking it is a black circle about 12mm round with a tiny, 3 or 4mm pipe sticking out of it downwards that is about 25mm long?

If it's that one, mine just vents to atmosphere and I don't have anything that should connect to it.

Yes, sorry Alex, my bad I posted before seeing what was on the next page (and not seeing there was a next page). No I don't have anything like that on mine BUT the part I describe may be an updated version. It looks like just a filtered breather to me. Both yours and mine.

auto box and a"fuse" !!! help.....

Also my box is the later electronic version. I have a switch in the cab that says ECT which makes the changes later. Also I see your pump does not have a sensor on the link arm to the left of the diaphragm cover which mine does. Mine has the cable with the orange end in the setup like yours.

Last edited:
no worries dude, I do it all the time, I forget about next page, im new to computers to.
if its a breather happy days. I only bought lc few weeks ago so I trying to fix all the glitches before winter settles in !!!
cheers for the heads up !!!:icon-biggrin:

The cable you have been adjusting is for the line pressure in the box.

Now a thought has crossed my mind, as you have no TPS I'm wondering if someone has swapped the box for the A442, have you got overdrive ?

Back