Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

auto box and a"fuse" !!! help.....

Got under the lc this morning, could not find any numbers but took some pics to see if any one recognises the box ?? long shot I guess but thought I give it a go !!!!:pray:

Before my current 80, I drove a UK import one. 92.
No O/D, no ECT, no TPS
But my VIN plate also said A442F...
So go figure :)
I am very sure of this beacuse at that time, I thought it was strange

Even found a pic!

DSC_0640.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
AHA !! so im not alone lol I was on the thinking the box got changed at some time, but its got the "l23dnp" gear change set up and no place on dash for o/d light and the fact yours is the same it does suggest it came from factory in this setup. At least I now know which direction to go with maintenance.
Well thanks again Geert.
Drove LC last night for about 25 mile and the box does seem to be getting better since 4 oil changes and adding two bottles of WYNNS conditioner. I will keep driving now and see what develops.
Once again cheers everyone for their input :icon-biggrin::thumbup::dance:

I read on here somewhere about putting 'Lubeguard Red' in the auto box. They have a website and it's not expensive. Might be worth a shot.

Drove to lincomb today for the social gathering, met some really good folk, full of knowledge and good spirit, whish I could have stayed, just want to say thanks for their help and welcome today and a BIG thanks to everyone who's helped me on this forum, LC is running well (as good as it gets I think) :icon-biggrin::dance:

CHEERS, Dean and Jude !!!

auto box and a"fuse" !!! help.....

Nice one Dean, good flush through seems to have sorted it then. Let us know how it goes from here. Hope it's sorted and just carries on getting better.

Good ol' Wynns then…?

Last edited:
Looks like "WYNNS AUTO BOX CONDITIONER" is the dogs danglers !
4 oil changes and two bottles of magic juice and all is well :icon-biggrin:
My lc is in standard trim so after seeing all the lovely personalised trucks today at lincomb im on the market for some goodies - wheels, tyres, bull bar, roof tent, hid light bar , roof rack, I want it all lol :dance:

Back