Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

auto box and a"fuse" !!! help.....

A440 truck then with a 442 box. Prob why your having issues

This was mine
Shiftstck007.jpg

HavLandcruiser004-1.jpge you got the ECT button on the dash just above the radio in the pic ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was thinking the other way round mate. This trucks a strange one. Could be on the changeover year and Toyota used bits from the earlier truck and bits from the later. Every 442 box I've come across has the overdrive button. I have a truck in at the min though that may be similar to yours. Ill have a look at it before lincomb. Ill check the numbers on it etc. I know it doesn't have the overdrive but it had the throttle position sensor on the pump. Thought that was strange. Ill do some digging mate

Excellent, thank you very much, I was thinking something along them lines, my truck is out of the parts bin lol
Sooty about my delays in answering, laptop has gone down(again) do using my phone now !!!
:icon-biggrin:

I'm sure a fair few trucks are dean. They're old busses now.

So did i Dean, alas I'm cruiser less at the moment. a fellow member on here is enjoying it now.

I had a white 80 on a 95 plate, it had grey leather and all the extras, it was a sad day when I had to selll her !!!

If you have cruise control(?) your early A442F box will have a solenoid for OD which the CC ECU can use to turn off OD when it needs to. Otherwise, as Dave mentioned, there are things you can fiddle with on the valve body but they are all hydraulic apart from the CC OD solenoid if it has CC.

RM314E & RM315E document the later version of the A442F with the ECU controlled valve body not the earlier hydraulic valve body version.

The A440F wasn't fitted to 80's with the 1HD-T.

Last edited:
Back