Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto Box Filter gasket

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
It's Saturday afternoon, my local dealer is closed and unless someone can give me some good news I aint going to sleep tonight :?

Can someone confirm that the gasket that goes between the autobox screen filter and the valve body is obtainable from Toyota.... mine came off in about 6 pieces :(

I've never seen the gasket listed seperately to the filter so it looks like a new filter will be needed but it shouldn't be too expensive.

Jon, it is a thin (20 thou) paper gasket, surely it must be listed as a separate item :(

autoboxfilter.jpg

autoboxfiltergasket.jpg

Jon, I have just noticed from your photo here that your filter screen seems different to mine... I guess it is because I have the earlier box?

pic001.jpg

In case you cannot buy them seperately, you could buy a sheet of gasket paper and cut one out.

I forgot you have the older box, that is listed - 35339-36010

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
I forgot you have the older box, that is listed - 35339-36010
Thanks Jon
thumb2.gif
I have spent half the evening searching for gasket paper and hole punches as a last resort
doh.gif

Are you using a web site to look that part number up...... it would be handy to know
augie.gif

I'm using the Toyota EPC software I got off the net from the site with all the manuals who's name or address I can't think of at the moment!

You can't get just the landcruiser data but you don't have to get the japan or USA disks if you don't want to cover those markets. It can be a fiddle to set up and use but it's very handy to have and is what the dealers use when you ask for a part for your VIN.

Picked up the gasket today from Toyota, £14 :o

Bolted the screen and pan on this evening, going to give the Loctite 5910 that was used on the pan a chance to cure over night before the refill. Decided to go with Morris semi synth Liquimatic Super ATF (Dexron III)

Back