Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto Wipers

Chrisk942

I have a 2004 Amazon 4.2 diesel. I've only recently noticed my auto wipers are playing up. When I switch them onto auto they start wiping the screen at the normal speed for about 10 seconds, then they seem to only go to very fast, even tho there is only very, very light rain. I have had the batteries out to replace recently, could it be this that seems to have upset the auto function, does it need re-setting somehow ?

Have cleaned windscreen in front of rainsensor but this didnt make any difference

Also anyone know if there's a fuse for the headlight washer pump as after the cold weather this doesnt seem to be working anymore, looked in the handbook but none of the fuses are marked so not sure which one to look at

Not sure on the wiper issue but there would be one for the washers. A few people I know (family) have blown the fuse because the water and pump had frozen and they thought the more the press the button, the more chance there is of it working. Their fuses were the same for the normal washer and some other odd bits.

Hi Crispin
Yep, I think I fall into the same category, water froze, press button more. Now no noise from pumpy thing. Cant believe though that the fuse box in the engine bay isnt labelled up or some sort of legend in the owners manual

For the fuse, check RHS kick-panel (Drivers side for a Brit/Aus)
See this illus (for 8/2003 to 7/2004 production):
5333372455_4c9e626138_z.jpg

For the wiper:
At temperatures at around and below freezing, the auto is completely erratic. Useless piece of crap. (Bl00dy have to switch 2 clicks to wipe one single time. NOT tested in cold climates)
Also at light drizzle, I found that it runs too frequently or continous.

Attachments

• 5333372455_4c9e626138_z.jpg
    5333372455_4c9e626138_z.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 103
O-oh. It's the headlight cleaner.
That's in the engine room. Here:
5333411535_20345f3b5e_z.jpg

Attachments

• 5333411535_20345f3b5e_z.jpg
    5333411535_20345f3b5e_z.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 103
Thanks uHu, thats fixed the problem, yep the one in the engine bay, brill, had blown the 20Amp mini fuse, yipppee all working again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just remembered, for the auto wiper, it helps with new blades, with a new, sharp edge, which actually removes the water. Not only smears it.

Thanks again uHu, will try that too and report back
Best Regards and thanks again

Back