Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Autohome Airtop Roof Tent

stuarttottles

Country Flag
uk
Hi I need some advise, I own a land cruiser on a 56 plate which I think is also known as a 120 modal. I am in the process of buying a Autohome Airtop roof tent and need to know what roof bars are needed to support the tent and fit on to my existing roof rails. this message goes out to a John Wildsmith and everyone else who might be able to help me.
Kind Regards
Stuart

I've not put one on a 120 but I believe you can get Thule and Rhino bars that clamp onto OEM roof rails for things like this. If you are buying it new the supplier should be able to advise you but if not try talking to BAOB who are the importers and will have fitted them to a lot of different vehicles.

Hi John
It was BOAB who suggested i contacted you , If you know what i need to fit on to my existing roof rails for the Air Top would be of great help.
Kind Regards
Stuart

I've not put one on a 120 but I believe you can get Thule and Rhino bars that clamp onto OEM roof rails for things like this. If you are buying it new the supplier should be able to advise you but if not try talking to BAOB who are the importers and will have fitted them to a lot of different vehicles.

It was BOAB who suggested i contacted you , If you know what i need to fit on to my existing roof rails for the Air Top would be of great help.
I guess you've already ruled out the budget busting option of the Rhino roof bar kit (RLCP-03) designed for your 120 then? Or the Rhino CXB kit to clamp to your existing rails? Thule do a clamp kit to use with their bars that you can use on OEM rails that is probably more reasonably priced, they wrap round the rail in similar fashion to if you grab it with your hand. You want the same cross bar type things you'd use to fit a roof box basically and then the Air Top will clamp to the cross bars. I don't off the top of my head know a good place to shop for Thule parts but I think they have been mentioned on here before so a search on Thule might reveal useful links and if not Google will know I'm sure.

Hi
Thanks Jon, after further discussions with BOAB we think my modal is the 120 Prada so I'm gonna go with the Rhino roof Bar kit (RLCP-03) at £270 plus fitting its not the cheapest option but probably the best.

thanks for your input
Regards
Stuart

Sorry Jon I forgot to ask, are the factory fitted roof rails on the land cruiser 120 easy to remove.

Thanks
Stuart

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Jon I forgot to ask, are the factory fitted roof rails on the land cruiser 120 easy to remove.
Never done it but it shouldn't be too hard. Maybe Gary or someone else who has removed them from a 120 will be along to comment. I could be wrong but double check the cost, I think that price is just for the feet you've still got to add the price of the bars ... The Rhino stuff is good but boy it's expensive!

yes very simple to remove - I'll go dig for the post I did to take mine off to put on the roofrack ...

Thanks Gary
It Looks easy enough, i take it the rhino feet just fit and bolt to the existing holes the old rail leaves when taken off,

Regards
Stuart

From what I've read about them, yes. Best make sure you get a good seal there - I used little 'O' rungs as compression washers under the feet (around teh bolts) and so far it's water-tight, and, I reckon, a little less noisy (but that may be wishful thinking :) )

Just be REALLY careful removing the plastic covers - they're expensive and are brittle in this weather. Get a set of plastic trim removal tools on eBay for £5 - makes all sorts of trim-related jobs sooo much easier.

Back