Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awnings

When I run the guttermounts on the Collie, I replace the thumbwheels with an allen head bolt & put a nylock nut on the back - its a right PITA to put on & take off & I would think this is enough of a deterrent (sp.) to all but the most dedicated theivery...

I once read about stuffing lead into the allen head hex hole too further deter folk - great if the bars are on semi/fully-permanently...

If you haven't already gurgled for security bolts, this is the idea:

Security nuts 'n bolts

Just looked - they in Arizona :doh:

Screfix might have something similar!!! :lol:

EDIT: We're double posting here dude!!! Screwfix do have shearnuts which might be suitable

I'm sure I can find something on the shelves of our local ironmonger :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Kinmar removable nuts that OEC sell are the ones I use, at the link andyw posted :thumbup:

fridayman said:
Gav Peter said:
Wouldn't any ordinary guttermount roof bars be suitable ET??

Probably, but I already have these bars. I should be able to find some other locks that work. Hopefully they are just regular barrel locks like many roof bars use.

I had a go at fitting the Toyota bars yesterday, and I am very impressed. No need for adjusting, you just drop it into the gutters, pull a lever on each side and job done. I think I could fit these bars in less than a minute. Make it two minutes once I have the locks.

Back