Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

B F Goodrich KO 2 on Prado 120

Aquanuke

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Hi I would like to put BF KO2 on my 2006 prado 120. I have the original wheels with 265 65 17. As BF do not have this size what would be the best size to choose and can I go with a more aggressive looking fit. Interested in what size others have and pics. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I would like to put BF KO2 on my 2006 prado 120. I have the original wheels with 265 65 17. As BF do not have this size what would be the best size to choose and can I go with a more aggressive looking fit. Interested in what size others have and pics. Thanks

I've got these in 265/70r17 on standard coil suspension on my LC3. On full lock they just about rub, but my plastic arch liners are a bit "flappy". Spare fits on the backdoor OK too, if that's a concern. I'll take a pic when it's not raining so hard!

Thank you, much appreciated. On the subject of spare, mine is mounted under the car. Is there any problem fitting the slightly larger wheel underneath?

Actually you also mention springs. I have an advisory on all 4 springs so will probably means changing them out for the next mot. Do you recommend higher springs over stock?

I’m recently running 265/70R17 on standard suspension and seeing no issues with rubbing, etc. As @Rob Cowell states it fits on rear door too, not sure if an underslung option has the space though, but can’t see it being an issue.

0142208C-0733-41BE-A043-CFF73E4CCE1D.jpeg

42A66382-05BD-42CC-8B7A-C93424170E53.jpeg

118F4CC1-1CF5-4169-85AF-CE19B8AC714A.jpeg

Also had an advisory on rear coils having “some” corrosion so looking at replacing the suspension all round, would also like a small lift from doing this. Looking at Old man emu as one possibility. And suggestions from people with real experience of these or others would be appreciated.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Re: replacing the springs - I think it really depends on what and how you intend to use the LC.

If you're planning some overland trips with all the extra weight that might mean you might want stiffer/stronger springs and shocks. If it's just a daily driver and family car you may want to keep it near standard for comfort etc.

Horses for courses really....

From a personal perspective, I "upgraded" to 50mm+ Ironman springs and shocks setup over 10 years ago, plus LT rated AT tyres - from a completely OEM setup on Dunlop AT20s.

It has certainly ruined the ride comfort, which was limousine-like before and increased road noise and harshness at speed. However the handling (obviously a LC is no sports car, so I use the term loosely) is much better and it doesn't wallow so much during cornering. The trucks stance is also hugely improved with the suspension lift and (slightly) oversize tyres, which are on 80 series rims in my case. So ultimately it's been a compromise I've been happy with so far.

Echoing Chads comments. Choose your priorities as regards use. Firstly I have 265/70's on my 120 LC4. Its on standard suspension, looks good with no catching. I'd not change the excellent suspension unless a greater load is required even then I'd fit air bags to compensate.
I fitted the Pedders 2" lift to my 95 series a while ago and as Chad said, it ruined the ride. Looked good though and allowed me to fit 275 70'son 80 rims. I didn't keep it a year though, as I had a V6 standard Collie as well and the ride was excellent in comparison. The ride was the reason I sold the D4D Collie was the ruined ride.

Thanks! I'm going to order the 265 70 R17 can anyone confirm I can fit that under the car.

I don't have the BFGs but the General Grabber of the same size 265/70/17 and the spare does fit fine under the 120. It's a bit tight with the towbar, but it fits

As Tony, GG AT2's 265/70 /17 on stock suspension. No issues. If your Cruiser stands well I'd have the springs off, shot blasted and painted. That addresses the "corroded spring" issue, sounds a bit picky to me.

Nice, I also got my wheels sprayed gloss black ... takes the look up another notch and definitely worth doing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice colour truck too!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have these on our at the moment, 265/70/17. the thread pattern and reinforcement on the sidewalls is fantastic. they also look great. i also have 32mm hub-centric well spacers (if buying go for the best quality).

Last edited:
I need something like this for the school run.

Back