Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

B****y ebay

joinerman

Garage
Things being tough at the mo & had no work for a month or more i sold some things on ebay, i got proof of postage & two of the buyers have opened up disputes against me both saying they have received the items but they had no postage labels on so they paid the postage there end, ( i know full well they did ) both now want refunds for postage, something smells to me.

You are posting from UK to UK aren't you ? just thinking if it could be import duties ?

If your UK to UK then contact them politely stating you have proof of postage and if they have been charged as well please give details on their own reciept of payment because only the post office could have removed the labels so you want to complain .

Yeh just sat here thinking that shayne, could it be the post office working a scam ? i pay to send it & when it gets to the local post office their end remove the label send a card to the buyer requesting payment for non payment my end so they get paid twice.

Hi,
Gentlemans agreement and of the such are no more and there seems to be more and more chancers about trying a fast'n. I cant see your courier being able to generate a receipt to the recipients for unpaid postage if you ve got proof of it being already paid in full and for the correct weight, size etc. Was the postage price about right for the parcel/envelope? I'm sure e-bay has come across this many a time and has a resonable method of sorting it. Good luck and hope all works out.

I've been done twice on ebay, first was my playstation 2 that worked perfect and they said it didn't how can you prove it when they are at least 200 miles away and the second they said they hadn't received an item that i sent through parcel 2 go and ebay/paypal automatically take the money from you and refund it to the lying scammers. its a shame as most ebayers are genuine but you will always get the scammers.

I've had a refund for every next day delivery i've paid for because it just ends up in normal post . But getting a refund takes forever and i imagine most just give up and forget about it . A couple of million customers paying a fiver for a service and only actually getting the same service you get with a 50p stamp makes it quit a profitable scam i reckon .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got done twice by eBay buyers saying it hadn't been delivered, so now I will ONLY send recorded delivery, so far no problems.

You'll need to be incredibly persistent with Ebay - they will side with buyers first but, as long as you can scan & send copies of proof of postage (and probably flag scammers with Ebay as well) you should eventually be ok. Only hassle is it will take some time & incredible patience/frustration on your part.

I sold an xbox on ebay in December. Sent it next-day with Fedex. About 2 weeks ago I got an email from Ebay stating it was a stolen credit card which was used and as such, they will reverse the money out of my paypal account, which they duly did.
I sent proof of shipping and proof of receipt and waited the 10 days they specified for an "investigation". On day 11 nothing had happened and I sent them a shouty email.
I got an email back from them saying I had done everything as I should and they refunded me the £240 into my account.

It did put the sh1ts up me as the prospect of losing £240 to to some cnut wound me up slightly. I am glad though that I had sent it Fedex and not RM tracked etc. The Fedex system "just works" and they saved my bacon.

What does piss me off though is that paypal/ebay took the money back without "asking" or warning - they just took it. When I tried to purchase something else for £3.99 they wanted me to settle the £240 first. I've been a long time ebayer with many purchases and many sales and from they they should side more with the seller if the seller has a good track record.

Better to have 2 separate accounts separate Paypal, separate banks.

1 for buying
1 for selling

Gra.

I only use Royal Mail tracked for postage, print the labels on my computer & pay the postage charges via Paypal.

Dave.

I only use Royal Mail tracked for postage, print the labels on my computer & pay the postage charges via Paypal.

Dave.

That's exactly what I do Dave.

Update, sorted things out with one buyer but the other is being a right arse, have had five emails demanding & bordering on threatening/abusive, also going to leave me neg feedback if i don't return his postage, I've done nothing wrong that i can see & have proof of postage, thinking about reporting him to ebay.

Ebay wouldn't give a damn if you shot each other mate , on hearing the news they'd just quickly take thier fees from your bank account .

Update, sorted things out with one buyer but the other is being a right arse, have had five emails demanding & bordering on threatening/abusive, also going to leave me neg feedback if i don't return his postage, I've done nothing wrong that i can see & have proof of postage, thinking about reporting him to ebay.

If you have proof of postage, open a dispute with ebay citing as much and point out the threatening and abusive emails. State you fear for the well-being of you and your kids ;)

Do you really care if he negs you? If you have a decent record then any future buyers will see you have 1 neg in many months and probably not care. It's about a track record.

What was the issue with the guy who is now sorted? was there a problem?

Is it the same problem with the angry guy ? How much postage can it be for him to be some unhappy?

Pete

Same issue pete, no postage label, sent him a copy of my proof of postage he took it to PO & they reimbursed him he was happy, the other one wants expenses for traveling to PO, he paid the extra postage for the missing label which the way i see it he didn't have to unless he really wanted the item, it was only a few quid. quit a nasty customer.

I'd agree with him whole heartedly then tell him you will forward his complaint and demand for travel costs to the post office a.s.a.p .

How about taking a picture of a parcel with the stamps on in the Post Office? Emailed to whoever complained. Cheaper than alternative.

Frank

Back