Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back axle help needed

smokyjoe

As per title i need a back axle due to rot in the top mounting brackets :(
I welded up my last collorado axle as it suffered the same problem but this one is far worse and not really worth the bother.

Anyone know of someone breaking a collorado or have an axle sitting idle in the garage ;)

got an 80 one. Guessing they're a mile out.

Chris

J66P said:
Stefoil as one on the bay

After looking about for months one apears after i start this thread :roll:

I have mailed stephoil and he has no idea what the diff ratio is as the shell is scraped. What are the chances of the short wheel base colorado haveing the same diff ratio as my LWB. is there another way of checking the ratios.

If this axle has come from off of the red swb that caught fire in the dash then it's not a 4.3 diff :)

If my memory serves me correctly it was a 4.1 I think :think:

But to be fair what does it matter to you as you only want the housing, dont you :?: :!: :)

or change both front and rear and sell your original on

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sae70 said:
If this axle has come from off of the red swb that caught fire in the dash then it's not a 4.3 diff :)

If my memory serves me correctly it was a 4.1 I think :think:

But to be fair what does it matter to you as you only want the housing, dont you :?: :!: :)

well i would rather just fit the whole axle as the diff wines a fair bit and leaks oil, i dare say i could just rebuild my own diff then build into the good caseing. bit more costly but i suppose its that or wait for the axle to fall out :D

or change both front and rear and sell your original on
thats not a bad idea :think:

Back