Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bad Kissengen 2018

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
So anyone going this year? I wasn't but now I fancy going on the bike. Last week in May

I keep saying every year il go but sadly this year is another one I will break that lol. one year I will go:grinning:

Well it's last week in May, but the Show is actually open Friday, Sat and Sun, but access I think starts Thursday, but for camping you can rock up from the Monday I think. It's about 10 eurodollars per night. Last time we got there on the Thursday I think and if Andy hadn't saved us a spot we'd have been somewhere in Holland I think. Rammed doesn't really come close.

Actually the "show" always opens on a thursday which is a catholic regional holiday in Germany. (I believe it is the second thursday after whit sunday thats why it shifts every year, whit sunday is 50 days after easter..)

Lots of Germans arrive on wednesday afternoon on the camping and visit the show on the thursday and go back home on thursday evening or friday morning.
Anyway the camp area is always crowded. Last year they had a second camping area sort of overflow area when the normal site is full.

I did not plan to go this year but that's what I say each year and somehow I decide last minute and end up there every year....

So camping access starts on wednesday afternoon.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for that KriPa. We'll be seeing you there then!!

That's it Chris. Take the bike and get one of those front wheel drive conversions. Terrible round corners though.

I have absolutely no idea what that means Frank.

Are you going?

I am going. Planning on arriving Wednesday night. Would be great to meet up for a beer / coffee with anyone else from here.

All wheel drive on a bike Chris. I've often wondered if it were possible and if so the Germans might have the answer.

Won't be going.

It's been done Frank. They're called quads.

Wow that's amazing. I wonder what the advantage is as with off road you can get all the power possible doing a wheelie where the font wheel is off the ground.

Ok I decided to go from Thursday evening till Saturday.

Who else is going?

We're planning to be there on the bikes Weds lunchtime.. Leaving Sat before lunch.

All wheel drive on a bike Chris. I've often wondered if it were possible and if so the Germans might have the answer.

Won't be going.

Yamaha did it about 15 years ago with the WR450F 2 Trac. Interesting set up.

Ok if you spot a dark blue 80 with a dark coloured XL Columbus roof tent and a Belgian licencse plate, the beer will be cold.

I plan to found a spot somewhere between the carwash and the toilets (but could offcourse end up somewhere else if space available)

We're planning to be there on the bikes Weds lunchtime.. Leaving Sat before lunch.

That's an offer I can't resist. No fridge on a bike.

Back