Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bankers Pay - revolt?

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
So Barclays shareholders (som 27% of them) reckon they don't agree with the pay Diamond and other execs got. Now - I don't care either way, to a degree - but his pay should be compared to some of these boyo's (see here for 2012 or 2011 here from Forbes (where top for 2011 is UnitedHealth Groups CEO at over $100m for the year - clearly politics and health pays - thanks, Mr Obama, for that tidy bit of legislation ... :shhh:

Viacomm CEO gets $84m in 2010, up from $34m in 2009. That's some jump. :shock:

Larry Ellison, from Oracle, though, took a cut. Nice man. :liar: To $70.1m in 2010, down from $84.5m in 2009. And that 'decrease' was all in stock options - his base pay was the same and his bonus doubled ... :snooty:

Think people need to get over the fact that bankers earn. Yes it's unpleasant. But I'm more concerned about nearly-nationalised banks like RBS and Lloyds shipping jobs off to India wholesale. And retrenching staff left, right and centre. What a way to spend tax-payers money, eh? :hand:

But look at Credit Suisse, eh - took their toxic debt and stuck it in the investment banker bonus pool. Sounds good - let the buggers suffer on their own bad decisions. Unfortunately the underlying asset value of the pool has increased by some 80% over the last 3 years, since Lehmann Bros. did their 'stoopid' ... so who's 'stoopid' now??? :shock:

There - I feel better now :lol:

Back