Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Barometer/Altimeter problem

iliasm

Country Flag
iceland
Hi,

Bought recently a 2000 LC90 VX and I'm experiencing problems with the information console.

The barometer and altimeter seem to be stuck (f.ex. the altimeter shows -500m) and I can't seem to be able to correct them. :?

The thermometer and other functions work fine.

I can send pictures if this might help.

Cheers !

The altimeter measurement must be calculated by the unit from pressure and temperature readings as I'm fairly sure there is no GPS in there. So if you get accurate temperature and pressure readings the altitude should show up.

I have a problem in that I can calibrate my altitude to a known value by pressing the up/down arrows when in one of the altitude modes, but a day later it is completely wrong. I don't understand why it forgets the setting when the temp/pressure settings keep theirs.

Probably not much help.

I have a problem in that I can calibrate my altitude to a known value by pressing the up/down arrows when in one of the altitude modes, but a day later it is completely wrong. I don't understand why it forgets the setting when the temp/pressure settings keep theirs.

Probably not much help.
If I remember correctly altimeters read off barometric pressure :think: so when the weather changes so does the air pressure and you will get a different reading.

Agreed, but mine goes from 25 metres above sea level to 275 metres below overnight. Don't think there is that much variation in air pressure from day to day in the South of England.

Hi,

I know that the altimeter changes altitude relative to barometric pressure, however the barometer seems to be working ok but the altimeter is stuck in
-500m and I can't seem to able to correct it with the Up/Down buttons.

Does anyone know a solution ? Do you think that disconnecting the batteries would reset the console ?

Thanks !

Can't hurt to disconnect the power. You'll have to reset the compass by driving round in a big circle afterwards and you may need a radio code depending on what you have fitted.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back