Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BEB

Fett

Hi all , as I look about I see a lot more doozls for sale then petrols.

incase I find one that tickles my fancy, can I ask if all of them suffered with the beb problems or are they ok after a certain year?

many thanks, and keep keeping your eyes peeled for Doozls or LPG'd 80's for me :mrgreen:

lol , I was reading the beb replacement thread, I was half way though when I posted that question and I dont think it said what models were affected, but somone was talking about 24 valve bearings being better if they would fit. do they? what year did the doozel go 24 valve?

sorry if I missed something but its that very thread which prompted my question :)

The 1HD-FT is not affected by this issues, they started in about 1995. Easy way to check is by the dash shape and the engine code on the cambelt cover.

The 24v is generally considered not to be affected (some did them anyway) and came in 1995, it is very obvious which is which by looking at engine, i will try to find some pictures.
The BEB's in the 12v are available and is quite a simple job once sump is off (it tends to stick on there quite well) and can be done all in situ. The better make is ACL amongst others, Milners say they supply equivalent ones but the ones they have are rubbish, have a chat with Greg at Landcruisers overland as i think he can get them or even do them for you.

24v dash (my old one :( )

IMG00054-20110109-1311.jpg

ok thanks for that and after finishing all the beb thread I gathered that the toyota ones for the 12v have now been changed to be made out of the the same material as the 24v so ones form toyota or acl would be ok yes?

but really the trick is go for a 95 on doozil which will be a 24v? sorry about being a dumbass but its all new to me :?

I am still hoping for a lpg 4.5 but if not at least I know where I will stand with diesel.

I saw one which was non turbo, was it an option or just an year thing?

whats best to check on a doozil? I have never owned one before!

Many thanks again guys!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a thought, but if you could get over to Gregs, he has a yard full of Cruisers in various states of most models, so you could climb all over them and he would answer any question without obligation. He is a believer in only doing whats really needed to be done to a truck.

whos this greg guy? sounds interesting ;)

where is it and are any for sale?

lol, thats near the outlaws parents.

ill give him a bell tomorrow and see whats for sale- whos should i say sent me? ;)

Can say me if you want.....and then ask him where my parts are ;)

:D

gave them a ring , they have a petrol they are going to give it a look over for me and ring me back.

its quite high milage though :(

nice hlepfull guys though :thumbup:

Hi fett

I have a 24valve at the min forsale Manual diesel. Dont know your budget but feel free to pm me if you want some details.

Also have a 12valve import diesel.

Cheers karl

Back