Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bent steering arm

auelm88

Hello all!
I have a 1977 Land Cruiser and I have NEVER messed with these things before. There is a bar running from the steering gear box to an actuator type assembly on the front bumper. I need one, but I'm not sure what it's called. Any help?
Thanks

Welcome to the club. :icon-smile:

Can you take a pic of the part your referring to so we may be able to identify it for you? :think:

77lc2.jpg77lc1.jpg
These are pictures of the two ends of the bar. It is around 33" in length.

Looks like the steering bar to me?

If its a 1977 model then its going to be a 40 series. Hopefully one of the moderators/admin will move this to the correct section. I sure there will be someone over in the 40 series section who will know the part numbers etc. :)

Last edited:
Moved to 40 series section. Welcome along. Someone will be able to assist I am sure

Chris

On your 40 this is the drag link, the front end connects to the centre arm, which is the main cause of steering problems on them. You can get rebuild kits for the centre arm. Your drag link looks distorted which if caused mechanically would be through a siezed centre arm. Jonnie is probably the man for a drag link, i'll email him for you, unless he's spotted this post. Your post doesn't say where you are based.
Hope that helps
egards,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bent steering

:think: I might have one I will have a look wen I have 5 min or one to cut down .:clap:

Hi yes I have got one with 2new
Tie rod end but it is 42 1/2" so it will have to be cut down call Tony 07917562242

Back