Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Betsy's on the road again!

Yep, warraweena again, its in the northern Flinders, top venue, you will have to go.

So, now down in Melbourne, waiting to cross over to Tasmania tonight.

Have had a little upgrade done, she's now slightly more modern, with an electronic voltage regulator. With all the problems with the standard one, Chris from FNB did some looking around and found that Denco do an upgrade. So now with all lights and fridges on, she stays consistent, around 14.2. At last, brilliant.

Will get some pics to you soon.

Tassie here we come!

Cheers,

Hi guys,
Now in Tasmania, had a good crossing, and now enjoying the fabulous food around the island. Has to be the best cuisine in the world!
We are now at Cradle Mountain, and had quite an uphill drive to get here, so slowly we climbed, even the flies were hitching a lift, rather than the usual splat!
Here now and walking to do. Will send Jon some pics to post.
Cheers,

here we go, more pictures from Tony.

photo08 waiting for the wellington ferry.jpg
Waiting for the Wellington ferry, SA. A nice 45 and two 75s followed me on

photo09 found this old gem.JPG
Found this old gem at a friends equestrian centre!

photo10 opium poppies.JPG
Opium poppies

photo11 early morning in tassie.JPG
Early morning in tassie

Looking good,

the truck looks bigger than I imagined.

Gra

We have now got into Hobart after a relaxing few days at Cradle Mountain lodge. A wet drive today, and hopefully get to some great camp spots for the next few days.

Will get the camera going again as soon as possible!

cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
More pics, can't see the attraction myself :liar:

photo12 at the bay of fires.JPG
at the Bay of Fires

photo13 warm sunny day.JPG
warm sunny day

photo14.JPG
photo15.JPG

Looks very inviting!!! Keep the sunny pictures coming!

Hi, we are now back in Victoria, staying with friends for a few days before heading off upto the high country, doing some awesome off roading, but on four legs, not wheels!! Yep two whole days in the saddle, to explore the great alpine country.

Will get some top pics all being well? Also a sore ar!e no doubt!

Tassie was great, such a superb place to go, exceptional scenery, and bloody great food. So now a few pounds heavier!

Also going to catch up with Ben today, got a few contacts for him!

Cheers.

Now in Adelaide, and Betsy is having a little make over today, to prepare for the Flinders and Warraweena again this week. Will get pics up here as soon as possible.

Trip going really well, two days in the high country was absolutely fantastic. I will give Ben ideas of places to go and check so next time Betsy hits the high life!

keep you posted.

Cheers,

On top of Mt Stirling
photo16 on top of Mt Sterling.JPG

lunch break
photo17 lunch break.JPG

Craig's hut, top 4wd destination
photo18 Craig's hut, top spot and 4wd destination.JPG

photo19.JPG

Top of suicide hill
photo20 top of suicide hill.JPG

photo21.JPG

air
photo22 air.JPG

photo23.JPG

our dome swag and wood shed awning
photo24 our dome swag and wood shed awning.JPG

So, having managed to get a few photos away, thought I should write something. Last week we had a few days in Adelaide, after our ride in the Victorian high country. Rested up, and with a new coffee machine, and some freshly ground coffee, we headed north, where we were to meet up the the guys from FNB, the home of Betsy!

Now you might notice a slight change to her appearance! With Warraweena being pretty rough and rocky, it was time to replace the front bar, as it took a hammering last time, and did break as it made the approach angle very low. So a nice xrox bar from Perth was bought in by Chris, owner of FNB.
The original wheels and tyres were also not quite right, as the 31-10.5-15s were only on 7" rims, and did bulge considerably. The tyres were pretty worn as well, so a swap for four KM2s and the two best Pirelli put as spares, all onto 8" black rims.
Now with a new solid heavier bar, and a set of MUDs I expected a heavier feel, and possibly more tyre noise. Not the case, she is now lighter and more nimble, and no additional noise.
With more tyre talk, and comparing to the STMaxx coopers on the patrol that was with us, the KM2s, are so much stronger, and handled the rock so much better. No damage, but the coopers did suffer a bit. It's almost a case of a mud that is as quiet as an AT, so much stronger, so much better in the rough and wet stuff, then why buy any other tyre!
Leave that one with you.
One other nice little extra was a tyre dog pressure monitoring system, keeping an eye on all four corners as we cruised along.

So after meeting at my favourite outback pub, the Prairie Hotel at Parachilna, we headed upto Warraweena, and set about the tracks, the Mount Gill, the Dunbar, and then we left on the Copper Track towards Blinman. Such great tracks, hard enough to make you seriously think about wheel placement, and to keep concentrating, especially in the high temperatures, it was approaching 40 most days, we had a great time.
Gotta go eat and dring now, more later.

Cheers,

an old wreck
photo25 an old wreck.JPG

on the way to Mt Gill
photo26.JPG
photo27 on the way to mt gill.JPG

a pretty smart Patrol
photo28 a pretty smart patrol!.JPG

Mt Gill again
photo29.JPG
photo31 Mt Gill again ;-).JPG
photo32.JPG
photo35.JPG

a couple of roos in for water
photo34 a couple of Roos in for water.JPG

The new bumper and tyres look very smart Tony, scenery isn't bad either :lol:

Stunning pictures Tony. Just confirms that I need to go back to Oz soon and drive some of the trails.....

So back to Adelaide went, and another finders trip over. Betsy survived all the punishment, and looking forward to another one in the future.
Becky flew home last week, and I finished off an event in South Australia, the one I started when I arrived, and now I am back in Victoria, and working alongside our forum buddy, Ben, who is settling in well in his new job, surrounded by hundreds of ladies in fine summer wear! He is smiling a lot.
Here till Saturday, then the return trip to Adelaide, and home again.

Cheers.

Back