Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Betsy's on the road again!

TonyS

Hi guys,

Have landed to the warmth of South Australia, picked up my old girl and headed south towards Victor Harbor, where I will spend the next two weeks.
Probably wont be going too far, until I drive to Melbourne and then across to Tasmania on the 26th27th Jan.

Getting back in Betsy does make wonder why I love her so much, she's 29 this year, and will be close to 400,000km by the time I leave, but as I left FNB in Mt Barker, the temperature in the 30s, I wound the windows down, and kicked open the foot vents and the wonderful smell of eucalyptus entered the cab. We then cruised along, getting the feel for this great country once more.

Will keep you posted as we continue our travels. :icon-cool:

Cheers,

Awesome! :icon-cool:

Love the pic you posted on facebook Tony, Betsy looks great as does the weather. :clap:

betsy600x447_zps21b75ee1.jpg

Looking forward to the pics of your trip. :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Suweet :icon-cool: Safe travels Tony & looking forward to the updates already :drool:

Hi looking good Tony and a top fj45 have a good one tonytoyota.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Heading anywhere near NSW on your travels?

Hi Paul,

Not sure yet, might head north from Melbourne to catch up with friends in Broken Hill. Keep you posted.

So, since arriving in gorgeous sunshine, the weather has gone somewhat "English", cool and cloudy yesterday, and now it's been raining for the last few hours! I have been lying under canvas and the noise is now somewhat annoying.
Coffee time, me thinks.

Yesterday was a good one, getting timber and jumps sorted for the next few weeks, so hopefully all will get done. Then it's Betsy time.

Cheers,

So now things have warmed up a bit. A friends car said 50 deg today, so certainly mid 40s in the shade, but certainly a hot one, warm enough to,dry my eyeballs!! In the middle of the field I guess a bit too much, mad dogs and Englishman sprang to mind.

With the heat, and Betsy stood still for a while I had a leaking power steering pipe. Called Chris from FNB, and down he came, picked her up and kindly left me his supercharged 80 series with all the fruit, and then some more! Will get a few pics tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you all back home, keep warm.:lol:

Cheers,

Supercharged 80!!! :shock:

Now that sounds like fun! :icon-twisted:

Mid 40's?

0 degrees and snowing here! No where I'd rather be. :lol:

photo1.JPG

Looks nice Tony, bit hot for getting anything done though?

So time is flying by, the course is pretty much built, and I head off on Saturday to Melbourne.

Betsy has had the power steering checked over, as well as the DBS, which I wasn't a 100% sure about, but all is ok. Becky lands early sunday, then Crossing over to Tasmania on Sunday night, it's about a 9 hour ferry trip. Should be able to get some excellent photos all being well.

Further good news is Chris from from FNB has organised us another trip to Warraweena, for feb 14th to 18th. It's one of my favourite spots here, so hugely looking forward to that. Still, not wishing time to fly, have got a few miles to do in between.

Will post more next week, cheers guys.

Some pics Tony sent:

photo02 A blue wren.JPG
A blue wren

photo03 Sunset.JPG
Sunset

photo04 My borrowed 1979 hilux.JPG
my borrowed 1979 hilux

photo05 Hilux again.JPG
hilux again

photo06 A few onlookers.JPG
some onlookers