Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big Bertha the Blue Cruiser

Hayden-60series

Country Flag
uk
Hello

Made a start on a few repaires starting at the front and working back, seems logical ? Was going to start last weekend but couldn't resist having a play in the old girl. Drove her in some fields for sound 3 hours and she didn't miss a beat. Cheers Andy !

So far:

Had a go at buffing some of the paint

Removed grill and started some repairs

DSC_2457.JPG DSC_2471.JPG DSC_2494.JPG DSC_2500.JPG DSC_2504.JPG DSC_2506.JPG DSC_2507.JPG DSC_2511.JPG DSC_2514.JPG DSC_2515.JPG

A great start. Good to see she is in safe hands. Looks like Im going to learn lots through reading this. Keep it going please Hayden

You are doing what I never had time to do Hayden. I'm pleased to see its on its way.

I’ve got a front bumper if you want it, it’s not a great one but you can have it for nowt if it helps

Cheers guys will try and get some more done this week after work.

Blooming cold in that workshop ha ha white stuff and all ! Ive got a front bumper but no rear one ? Don't suppose anyone knows of one avilable ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers guys will try and get some more done this week after work.

Blooming cold in that workshop ha ha white stuff and all ! Ive got a front bumper but no rear one ? Don't suppose anyone knows of one avilable ?
Depends if you want oe. The boys in and do what looks like quite a good replacement one with a wheel carrier etc

Been a little while had a few trailers to re wire which took up space on the ramp, but got a few little jobs done. Its amazing how well built these things are there was like a billion bolts holding the wing on and everything is sealed in. Toyota definitely built them to last.

- little bit more welding

- removed wing so I can weld the bits which are hard to get to

- blasted and re painted headlight bracket and a few other items

- spent ages spraying the underside with de greaser and presure washing it off again

Cheers moggy on the bumper options ill keep it in mind was thinking about having a go at making some.

DSC_2527.JPG DSC_2542.JPG DSC_2543.JPG DSC_2546.JPG

Hello

Update I got a bit carried away when someone I know said I could borrow there sand blaster, I hadn't planned on going this far with the truck so early on but couldn't resist. I started stripping the chassis down ready for blasting and itemizing bolts which I would like to get zinc plated ?

So spent a lot of evenings this week getting the frame ready for blasting on the weekend only to be let down Friday night. So know having to sort out another person to blast the frame and various items, also need to find a good plating company in the midlands to sort the fixings out don't suppose anyone knows of any good companies ?

DSC_2566.JPG DSC_2568.JPG DSC_2651.JPG DSC_2749.JPG

Hi Hayden, did you get that round headlight front end from Gean? Are you going to convert to round headlights?

Hi Hayden, did you get that round headlight front end from Gean? Are you going to convert to round headlights?

Yeah I managed to get hold of the parts for the conversion which I never really thought I would get hold of. well happy with getting those parts.

I was wondering how many parts are transferable from other series Toyotas ie anti roll bar bushes and stuff ? as mine are quite worn, a lot of the stuff on eBay seems to have to come from Australia which adds a premium to the price.

Those old Cruisers look the business.. nice colour too

I definitely agree with you there Jamsy ! Few photos to keep this rolling and the biggest socket I own !

DSC_2767.JPG

Morning cruisers

This question has probable been asked somewhere but is there a rear disc conversion that can be done? Just something I've been wondering this morning with my coffee ha ha

Morning cruisers

This question has probable been asked somewhere but is there a rear disc conversion that can be done? Just something I've been wondering this morning with my coffee ha ha

I think Tonytoyota has done a disc brake conversion on his 45 made the parts himself. I may be wrong and it might be the parking brake so best ask him. there are disc brake conversions kits available from the States but they are pricey and the benefits are marginal compared with the cost. If the rear brakes are in good free working condition the best mod is to get some steel braided hoses made up and this gives you a great pedal feel.
for more powerful fronts the Hilux calipers can be used.

If you google Toyota 60 series and click on images... im sure iv seen photos of 60 series with images of rear disc conversions (All mainly in the US.) But I think its been done.. I might be wrong but they used compatible Hi Lux parts.

Back