Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big end bearing kits.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
Taiho bearings and genuine toyota conrod bolts.
Taiho are a high quality Japanese bearing manufacturer.
Amongst others, these are OEM fitment for honda and toyota.
I have a set in my 80 that have done over 130000 miles.
20180618_141718.jpg
Please pm for details.

Last edited:
Back in stock after recently selling out.

Out of curiosity how come you don’t do toyota bearings? Is the cost prohibitive or is the sizing part too complex? When wink did my bottom end rebuild they replaced them with oem.

If it's a 24 valve engine then there's 5 different sizes of oem bebs. The 12v size in comparison is no 3 of the 24v size. I came to the conclusion that when the 1hd ft was developed and to counter act the 12v problem of failure.

So the taiho and acl shells are intended for the 12v which is smack bang in the centre of the 24v bearing limits...

If you have a 24v and you intend to change the shells then you have to take the bearings out first then order the replacements... if they're no3 then you can go for the 2 suppliers above... if not then you have to go oem for the no 1 2 4 5.. respectively.

That's what I found out when I did mine..

Out of curiosity how come you don’t do toyota bearings? Is the cost prohibitive or is the sizing part too complex? When wink did my bottom end rebuild they replaced them with oem.

I do offer/have supplied oem bearings to order. the cost of oem is actually cheaper than ACL for example.
so not cost prohibitive to the customer, but I would have to keep 30 oem bearings in stock to cover all the possible sizes for one potential BEB overhaul!
now this wouldn't be a problem if the majority of people asked for oem, but they don't, the vast majority go for the "standard" sized Taiho. also customers going down the oem route use the plasti gauge. so generally don't mind waiting.

the general consensus is the size difference either side of a "standard" size bearing is that small as not to matter. I could offer a "standard" sized oem set of bearings.

interestingly, Taiho are available In five different sizes also...

@iwan_t24. both the engines are offered as mark 2,3,4,5 and 6. the part numbers were once different but are now the same. the cranks are also the same part number.

Last edited:
Hence you have to take the sump off and establish what size bearing you need to fit into you 1h engine before you buy a standard set! We're on the same page there.(I think).. it does matter what size of beb shell you bang in there as it's a persons favorite vehicle.. and it has to be done correctly.. From following the FSM before buying a replacement set....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To all those that have been enquiring.

These are now back in stock.
Cheers.

Back